Notices

Old 14 Dec 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We stayed at the Premier Inn in Wilmslow in April, it was attached to a Brewers Fayre, which was great for a few drinks the night before and only 10 minutes from the airport. Got it for £29 when they had one of their saver rates on.
You definitely did the right thing staying 2 nights in the Disney hotel, you can never get the benefit of staying at a hotel for just one night by the time you've checked in and have to be out again the next morning.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
We stayed at the Premier Inn in Wilmslow in April, it was attached to a Brewers Fayre, which was great for a few drinks the night before and only 10 minutes from the airport. Got it for £29 when they had one of their saver rates on.
You definitely did the right thing staying 2 nights in the Disney hotel, you can never get the benefit of staying at a hotel for just one night by the time you've checked in and have to be out again the next morning.
Premier Inns are such good value when you just want a bed for the night and it’s so handy having the pubs next door.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Booked our Disney tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets for £385 per person and £10 deposit to pay. Pleased with that and free Eat and Play card and a few other discounts. That’s the Boxing Day sale price which saves us about £45 in total. Not a great saving but it all adds up considering this is supposed to be a budget trip.

ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I am a size 18/20 and discovered dresses on our last trip. I love Joe Brown clothes and spotted some stuff in the sale at SimplyBe sale and have ordered the following:

No plans for tonight so I have ordered 2019 versions of Brits Guide to Orlando and Unoffical Guide to WDW. I have had many editions of these over the years but do love reading them and both of those and a bottle of wine tonight is much cheaper than going out.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Old 1 Jan 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great plans 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

The dresses and tops arrived in separate parcels over a few days. Our lovely neighbour who looks after our 5 1/2 month german shepherd puppy at lunch times took in one parcel and left it on the worktop in the kitchen where the dog stays and didn't realise she was now tall enough to reach. I came home to confetti on the floor of the plastic, paper and cardboard and a massive hole in the dress so unfortunately that has had to go in the bin so not such a bargain after all! The other clothes are ok except for the white one which made my backside look even more mahoosive than it already is so that has gone back.

And in breaking news... guess who has changed her mind again about the Manchester Airport hotel? Yep, I have cancelled the Premier Inn booking and booked:

The Marriott at Manchester Airport. With a parking package it was about £50 more that booking the PI and separate parking so I have gone for that so we can use the pool and spa the night before. DH was complaining he wants a buffet breakfast and there was not enough time at the PI I don't think plus, to be totally honest, I wanted a treat the night before and do love a spa. The breakfast starts at 7 at the Marriott - our flight has been moved forward to 9:55 so I am not sure if we will have time or not, if not DH will have to 'suffer' Frankie and Bennies!

Old 27 Jan 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Honestly I really need to get a grip. I have changed the Manchester hotel yet again, the paperwork was emailed and it states the hotel does not operate a shuttle to the airport, just a shuttle from their long stay car park near Asda. You have to get a taxi both ways which is about £7 but it seems a bit of a faff. So off I was searching again. Ended up with the Crowne Plaza in an executive room and parking for only £20 more than the Marriott.

Normally the rate includes a continental breakfast in the club lounge but as we are there at the weekend it is upgraded to a full breakfast in the restaurant which would cost £17 each. Breakfast starts at 5:30 so we have plenty of time plus free shuttle bus.

Our friends are going the week before us and my bff told me they were doing Spirit of the Swamp and suggested we have a look.

We have booked for Saturday 31st at 9am and the cost was $65 plus tax each for a 90 minute trip.

Old 27 Jan 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile

You're so organised. I'm loving reading your updates.
Old 27 Jan 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
You're so organised. I'm loving reading your updates.
Thank you although my dh would say a control freak!

Old 3 Mar 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Our 180 day window has arrived and we agreed to choose 1 table service meal each then we decided to have a first day meal for lunch at Magic Kingdom. We considered Grand Floridian Cafe but DH wasn’t overly keen on the lunch menu as there are a lot of breakfast items on there so we have booked The Plaza in Magic Kingdom.

Our plan for the first day is to hit Magic Kingdom early, have lunch at 1 then head back to the villa to chill for the rest of the day. We are hoping to do a Walmart shop the day we arrive but if not we will get the essentials then do a big shop on the way back after Magic Kingdom.

The plan for the next day is a rest day then the Disney Springs late afternoon with my choice adr at The Boathouse at 6pm.

Never been there before so looking forward to it.

I have also ordered Mapman’s map as we haven’t stayed off site for a few years. The new issue has just been published.