Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Aug 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Ultimate ticket to annual pass upgrade

Hi everyone!

I know these questions have been asked a million times before, and I have searched for answers but can't find any to my specific queries so looking for help please.

- Can any ultimate tickets be upgraded to an annual pass? The pass I have on MDE is described as "Special Offer 14 Day Ultimate Ticket with Memory Maker". I booked the free nights deal through Attraction Tickets Direct.
My only package experience is with DLP where you can't use these towards an annual pass.

- Is it worth upgrading to a 21 day ticket before I go? i.e. do Disney overestimate the exchange rate which means the 21 day to AP upgrade is a better value?
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Any ideas?
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not exactly the same as we brought our tickets via Disney, but they were 14 day ultimate with memory maker and upgraded them to platinum plus annual passes last week at Hollywood Studios for $447 each. They valued the tickets we had at over $500 each and took this off the cost of the pass. Not sure what a 21day pass would be valued as and have read many different prices quoted when I was reading about this before we left. We were happy with the price as it over valued the tickets we had paid for and will save us money over the next two trips.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi ! Is the platinum ten full pass with water parks ?

So the one without the water park in theory is the cost -$500 roller ? Thanks
Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
Not exactly the same as we brought our tickets via Disney, but they were 14 day ultimate with memory maker and upgraded them to platinum plus annual passes last week at Hollywood Studios for $447 each. They valued the tickets we had at over $500 each and took this off the cost of the pass. Not sure what a 21day pass would be valued as and have read many different prices quoted when I was reading about this before we left. We were happy with the price as it over valued the tickets we had paid for and will save us money over the next two trips.
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes that was with water parks. So if you were looking at the platinum without water parks, based on what our tickets were valued at for 14 Day UK tickets, then it would be $340.80 to upgrade (inc. tax).
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I could be wrong but I think for upgrades you have to do it in person, I've certainly never hear/read of anyone doing it before. You can upgrade at any point during your 14/21 days but it must be during, if you have already used your pass for entry into a waterpark then you can only upgrade to the Plus. Hollywood Studios is reportedly the best place for upgrades, as they have consistently valued the UK Ultimate higher than the other parks. Point to note when upgrading, it doesn't matter what you have paid for it, Disney value it at their Wholesale price- basically what they sell it to the retailers for, including buying Direct- My 14 day pass was valued at £331, even though I bought it from Disney for £399!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dav other thing to take notice of: You can only "hold" 7 FP+at any one time, so if you were to book 14 days worth of fast passes, you would effectively only have 2 & 1/3 days held once you upgrade.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
- Can any ultimate tickets be upgraded to an annual pass? The pass I have on MDE is described as "Special Offer 14 Day Ultimate Ticket with Memory Maker".
Yes.

You are swapping whatever ticket you have for an Annual Pass and using the price of your original ticket (determined by the Disney CM) to offset the cost of the Annual Pass.

The question is, would they value your "Special Offer 14 Day Ultimate ticket" the same as a regular 14 day Ultimate ticket? I'd guess they would but, frankly, I've no idea. As mentioned in this thread already, the equivalent price of the 14-Day Ultimate seems to vary depending on who you ask - some value it at over $500 (over £390) whilst others value it at £331.

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
- Is it worth upgrading to a 21 day ticket before I go? i.e. do Disney overestimate the exchange rate which means the 21 day to AP upgrade is a better value?
Interesting question. By which I mean I don't know! .

It would be interesting to see what value the Disney CMs at the parks place on the 14-day and 21-day Ultimates to see whether the difference in price is better/worse/equal to the expected difference in price. In theory, it shouldn't make any difference and I suspect there isn't a lot in it so it's probably not worth the hassle.

Obviously, you have to upgrade to a 21 day ticket before you go. You can't upgrade to a UK 21-day ticket at the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:09 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Dav other thing to take notice of: You can only "hold" 7 FP+at any one time, so if you were to book 14 days worth of fast passes, you would effectively only have 2 & 1/3 days held once you upgrade.
SD
SD does this mean that any pre-existing FP bookings are cancelled when you upgrade?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
SD does this mean that any pre-existing FP bookings are cancelled when you upgrade?
When we upgraded we kept all our existing fastpasses. In fact the CM who done the upgrade gave us some complimentary anytime fastpasses on top. Only downside is for our trip next month have only been able to book the 7 days but knew that in advance.