Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Aug 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Cheating on Walt Disney World… with TWO wives! - Day 4

Index

So, we woke up again at 6.30 but were less inclined to get up due to it being our last day so didn’t get up till 6.45am. I was on a massive downer about my phone as it’s a huge hassle losing a phone. I got in the shower and James started packing the bags, he said he didn’t come across my phone.
I said I was going to empty the car of all the rubbish, park maps (James had been collecting) and empty water bottles. I started with the driver's side and then round to boot. Picked up the water bottles and took them inside, then I had a light bulb moment! I knew exactly what I had done with my phone last night; I had put Alex in his carseat (We have one of the carseats that has the isobase attached and spins 360.) There is a tiny gap between the car seat and the isobase just big enough to fit my hand in… and there it was. My beautiful phone! I ran inside and cheered and fist bumped the air like I had won the world cup. Thank god! My mood had lifted and I packed the car at lightening speed. We had one more try at getting on Crush Coaster!

We parked in our beloved A5 and headed to the Studios. James was happy to take Alex for a wander while Yas and I rushed straight round to Crush.

Some pics James took of the empty park

We soon realised why the rest of the park was so quiet, everyone was at Crush!

There was massive queue almost to the entrance to the queue. We got in and hoped for the best, in the end we were on in about 45 mins. It was really good, we loved it; wish we could have done it once more.

And that was it our very last ride of our trip! How sad….

We had our final “Disney knock me down with a feather” breakfast. Same as always but it did the job.

We then made our way out with heavy hearts and headed into the World of Disney so I could pick up my mug. We made our way to the car and set off towards Calais. I was dreading the long straight roads. At one point James was playing on his on his phone and forgot to tell me that I was meant to take the next exit. We ended up going through a toll for 16 euros and back on the same road again to get to the exit that we'd missed. Then when we exited that road there was another toll which cost us 9.60 euros. So, bit more expensive then the way over but not the end of the world. We were even for me leaving the bag at security now!

Once we got to the Le Shuttle terminal we stopped off for something to eat. Alex had sausage, mash and beans and we got a sandwich each. In the end I shared Alex's meal as it was massive and saved my sandwich! It was so expensive, I'm generally not too focused on cost on holiday but this was ridiculous and know for future to stop before the shuttle or get something on the way. There is also a duty free section and me and Yaz got a case of rose wine that we both like and I treated James to a white Toblerone which is one of his favourites and you don’t see them in the shops unless its Christmas. He also hadn’t bought himself anything the whole trip so the Toblerone was a nice surprise as he didn’t know I was getting it.

Once we were wine-ed up we got back in the car and in the queue for the train. We boarded and this time we were first on the train at the top. It was hot, sauna like even with windows open. Alex was happy to watch his tablet and Yaz was catching up on love island so James and I both closed our eyes. Once we got back on English soil it took another 15 minutes for them to open the doors as they had a technical fault. We were all boiling, I got Alex out and held him over a vent in the train that was blowing almost cold air but as soon as I had him out the train doors started to open. A quick dash back to the car and James drove us all back to sunny Essex.

What a trip!

I don’t think I’m going to do highs and lows as we didn’t have many lows and they were all down to my stupidity – leaving the bag and losing my right arm… I mean my phone but I think I’m going to end my trip report (and future reports) with a dedication, full of cliché but I think you do kind of put your heart and soul into a trip report so why not.

My Dedication

This dedication for my first ever completed trip report goes to my best friend Yasmin. The most amazing travel companion anyone and certainly the Meek Family could ask for. Not only was she great with Alex and let me and James go on rides together, she took amazing photos – ones that we wouldn't have been able to get if she wasn’t there.

There were times on the trip that me and James had little bickering matches which I didn’t choose to share in the trip report mainly as Alex was being a pain or just something silly. Yaz was happy to take the mick out of us both next day. It felt right that she came with us and hope we travel more places together.

“You my darling best friend, the girl who laughs at all my jokes. You are my absolute rock and are a huge part of our family. I love you like a sister. Thank you for being part of our Disney world!”

So that's it folks. To those who have made it this far - Thank You. Also thanks to those of you who have taken the time to leave a comment, they are greatly appreciated.

Becca

Edited at 06:50 PM.
Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Phew, what a relief you found your phone! A great way to start your last day

Brilliant you got to ride Crush, not bad getting through in 45mins either!

Loved the photos of the empty park!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Phew, what a relief you found your phone! A great way to start your last day

Brilliant you got to ride Crush, not bad getting through in 45mins either!

Loved the photos of the empty park!
Thank you. Hope you had a lovely time too! xx

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Thank goodness your phone turned up. It's scary how reliant we are upon them now isn't it?

Crush is amazing. 45 minutes seems quite reasonable compared to some of the wait times I've seen listed!

Glad you had a fantastic trip. I see you're off to Port Orleans next. We stayed there last summer and loved it. Have fun with the planning.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Thank goodness your phone turned up. It's scary how reliant we are upon them now isn't it?

Crush is amazing. 45 minutes seems quite reasonable compared to some of the wait times I've seen listed!

Glad you had a fantastic trip. I see you're off to Port Orleans next. We stayed there last summer and loved it. Have fun with the planning.
Yes 45 mins wasn't too bad, worth going in during magic hours for it.
Glad to hear you enjoyed Port Orleans, was it Riverside or French Quarter? We're very excited, just a long wait.

Becca

Old 29 Aug 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

It sounds like you had a fantastic trip, and thank goodness your phone turned up! Do you think you'll book another DLP trip or wait and see what WDW is like first?
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DevonPumpkin View Post
It sounds like you had a fantastic trip, and thank goodness your phone turned up! Do you think you'll book another DLP trip or wait and see what WDW is like first?
Aww thank you
I think we are going to save as much as we can and just do WDW next year. X

Becca

Old 12 Sep 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Hurrah, you found your phone! So pleased for you.

Well done for persevering and getting your ride on Crush's Coaster.

You are so good driving in France, I have never driven abroad and think I would be scared to - I am a wuss when it comes to driving!

Love the dedication at the end, having an best friend and an extra pair of hands was perfect for the trip, especially as you could do parent swap and ride together.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List