Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Lisa , she could check out websites like happycow and vegantravel xx
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
You won't find Quorn in the US - they have (or had anyway) a very strong soyabean lobby so you will find soy-substitute foods (burgers for instance) but no quorn (at some point there were even reports it was 'dangerous' - it's never done me any harm).

I'm a vegetarian who tries to avoid vegetables (awful things) so I get that - I've never starved in the US but vegan is going to be more difficult. Not impossible - Disney is great for food intolerances/choices/allergies and many of the other restaurants these days do flag at least vegetarian options - read carefully and avoid cheese and the like.

America has changed in 20 years - there was a time I could hardly eat anything but fries but now most restaurants have at least a veggie burger (usually made of vegetables/pulses/beans rather than soy meat-substitute) but there is definitely more awareness. Back in 2001 I ordered a 'veggie burger' in Burger King in the Arizona - I got a bun with lettuce and tomato on it. It's not like that now (mostly). Steak houses though often have almost nothing vegetarian, let alone vegan.

Good luck. You don't say how old your daughter is but let her deal with her choices. I'm 50 and my mom STILL insists on reading out the bits of the menu I can eat. So flipping annoying...I've been reading for a year or two now thanks...I can take care of my own dinner! So, give her some freedom. A dinner of side orders is NOT a major crisis (In times gone by I've been known to order a jacket potato with fries!)
Thanks so much.
She's 20 this Summer so not a baby.
I guess I just feel responsible and want to make sure she can eat something.
Thanks for your help

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Lisa , she could check out websites like happycow and vegantravel xx
Thanks Amanda, I'll pass that on.

Hope you are on the mend now xxx

@adeandlisadodisney

miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bex85chelt View Post
I've read a couple of trip reports on here of people who were vegan so maybe do a search for vegan in the dining section. I'm also 99.9% sure i've seen a vegan blaze pizza on a report somewhere
That's a good idea.
Thanks I'll do that

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 4 Jan 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh Lisa! I know from your trip respires and vlogs how much you all love food and your planning!

I’m neither but I follow caroline and Sean on insta/YouTube and they recently went to California for their honeymoon and they are veggies gone vegan so maybe have a nose or a chat on their page and see if they can offer any advice? Bloody kids 😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Oh Lisa! I know from your trip respires and vlogs how much you all love food and your planning!

I’m neither but I follow caroline and Sean on insta/YouTube and they recently went to California for their honeymoon and they are veggies gone vegan so maybe have a nose or a chat on their page and see if they can offer any advice? Bloody kids 😂

Thank you.
That really does actually mean a lot
I know it sounds silly, but food has always played a huge role in our trips and now I feel a little sad.
No more grabbing a pizza to share late at night, our Cheesecake Factory trips won't be the same. We've always loved grabbing treats to share. I found a really cool Taiwanese place in San Francisco that does these amazing shaved ice cream things and then realised that she won't eat it.
Last time was hard enough and it just ends up causing arguments with her and the boys

Thanks, I will look for them on insta.
xxx

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 4 Jan 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

dixiedharma/

A vegan place you might all enjoy. We ate there a couple of times. The food was delicious!
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
dixiedharma/

A vegan place you might all enjoy. We ate there a couple of times. The food was delicious!
Thank you.
I love places like this

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 4 Jan 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

At 20 my parents would have said if I made that choice then it would be up to me to do the research and sort out what I was going to eat, I don’t think you and your boys should have to sacrifice all the things you look forward to eating, hope it all works out ok for you
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

ethosvegankitchen/location.html

This is in Winter Park should you do a day trip there, again the food is good.

We like going to different places!