Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
We have just booked the 7 Night North Europe on Disney Magic from Dover on 1st September. This will be our third Disney Cruise but the first European. Where do people normally stay on the night before their cruise?
Following this thread - we may do the same next year!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have just booked the 7 Night North Europe on Disney Magic from Dover on 1st September. This will be our third Disney Cruise but the first European. Where do people normally stay on the night before their cruise?
We are booked on the August 18th Northern Europe sailing! As ours sails on a Sunday and we are in the midlands we decided to book a hotel in dartford and go to blue water shopping on Saturday then set off for the port Sunday morning. It’s only just over an hour f there so we have done the hardest bit (we are in the midlands) but I know lots of people in our cruise group have booked the premier inn Dover.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We are booked on the August 18th Northern Europe sailing! As ours sails on a Sunday and we are in the midlands we decided to book a hotel in dartford and go to blue water shopping on Saturday then set off for the port Sunday morning. It’s only just over an hour f there so we have done the hardest bit (we are in the midlands) but I know lots of people in our cruise group have booked the premier inn Dover.
We are also sailing on Sunday. Although currently in Essex we are moving to North Yorkshire at the end of next month and intending to travel down on Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion. Will look at Premier Inn

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Premier Inn if you definitely want to stay in Dover. A lot of the US guests stay at the Best Western and I must say it is nice there, but it's 3 or 4 times the price of the Prem Inn and, in my opinion, not worth the extra at all.

There's also Churchill B&B which is ace!

Joa
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

We stayed in the (new last year)Travel lodge in Dover. Rooms were new (although basic) and immaculate and staff couldn't do enough for you! Even to the point of offering to drive an elderly American couple who hadn't pre booked a taxi and had an early boarding time and the wait was an hour! I was very impressed with it as normally avoid Travelodge's! But the Premier Inn was so much more! The Travelodge is on new retail park which again had just opened last summer. There's a cinema, costa, Greggs, Next, Nando's and an M&S food hall. Other shops were opening! Good pub with food just behind, and we had a view of the castle!

It was less than 10 mins to the ship, but taxis were very busy? Maybe because it was a Sunday?

We are thinking of booking the 1st Sept one too? Might see you👍
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Is it walkable to the port from the PI? I do love a PI breakfast!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
We stayed in the (new last year)Travel lodge in Dover. Rooms were new (although basic) and immaculate and staff couldn't do enough for you! Even to the point of offering to drive an elderly American couple who hadn't pre booked a taxi and had an early boarding time and the wait was an hour! I was very impressed with it as normally avoid Travelodge's! But the Premier Inn was so much more! The Travelodge is on new retail park which again had just opened last summer. There's a cinema, costa, Greggs, Next, Nando's and an M&S food hall. Other shops were opening! Good pub with food just behind, and we had a view of the castle!

It was less than 10 mins to the ship, but taxis were very busy? Maybe because it was a Sunday?

We are thinking of booking the 1st Sept one too? Might see you👍

Thank you for the info on the Travelodge. Worth considering. Premier Inn flexible rate is £108 atm for our date. Trouble is although we are happy to sleep in the same room for one night as DS is 29 their rules mean we need to book 2 rooms.

Go on book it. You know you want to

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you for the info on the Travelodge. Worth considering. Premier Inn flexible rate is £108 atm for our date. Trouble is although we are happy to sleep in the same room for one night as DS is 29 their rules mean we need to book 2 rooms.

Go on book it. You know you want to
I wouldn't bother telling them he was 29 personally. It only really matters at breakfast and there are other choices for that.
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stewboy View Post
We’ve been on the Magic three times and absolutely love it (it’s a beautiful ship and just like Bats said, it really feels like home to us aswell), including two visits to the Norwegian fjords - both with slightly different ports - once in 2016 and once last year.

Read them here if you’re interested:

2016: https://DIBB.in/11742858
2018: https://DIBB.in/13525359
Thanks for the links, I'm actually just reading your latest TR The ship really does look lovely and isn't showing it's age at all.

One thing I am a bit confused about is the itineraries. The Fjords cruise is much more expensive than the European cruise but yet the European one does visit the Fjords. Did you guys do the actual Fjords ones both times or have you also tried the Europe itinerary? Not sure I can justify the extra £1000
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the links, I'm actually just reading your latest TR The ship really does look lovely and isn't showing it's age at all.

One thing I am a bit confused about is the itineraries. The Fjords cruise is much more expensive than the European cruise but yet the European one does visit the Fjords. Did you guys do the actual Fjords ones both times or have you also tried the Europe itinerary? Not sure I can justify the extra £1000
The Northern Europe cruises don't do the Fjords like the Fjords cruises do basically, but you'd still get a nice flavour of them especially in Stavanger which was my favourite port.

Joa