Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Jan 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile Can someone explain Alamo online check in & skip the counter

Bit confused on how this works & if I can use it as our holiday is booked with Hays Travel via Thomas Cook 😔
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
In theory you should be able to do it with any third party supplier. I've only done it in recent years booking either direct with Alamo Brits or through Andy at DFCH.

First of all you need to get the Alamo number and complete this form. The Alamo number was ten digits last month (all numbers) and began 128xxxxxxx then you need to use this form and this will ultimately take you to the sheet of paper with a bar code in the top right corner - this is what you need at the barrier.

Sorry though I don't know where to start with Hays/TC

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Mick
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick I just go in to Alamo through the link,on Andy page and do it that way my number alsomstarted with 128 on the one I did yesterday Alamo Brits and the one I did beginning of January through Costco
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Mick I just go in to Alamo through the link,on Andy page and do it that way my number alsomstarted with 128 on the one I did yesterday Alamo Brits and the one I did beginning of January through Costco
Helen

Hopefully Hays or TC can give the OP the 128xxxxxxx Alamo number.

Mick
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Helen

Hopefully Hays or TC can give the OP the 128xxxxxxx Alamo number.

Mick
I’ve contacted Alamo via Twitter and they’ve kindly sent me my reservation number via DM. Going to have a look later

Is that just for OLCI ?
Do I have to do something else to do ‘skip the counter’ ?
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes it will say print voucher after you have checked in check this and then print off it should have a bar code in the top Right corner
If it's got that you are good to go
Do you want a screen shot of the one I did yesterday for our upcoming trip
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by MickyC View Post
I’ve contacted Alamo via Twitter and they’ve kindly sent me my reservation number via DM. Going to have a look later

Is that just for OLCI ?
Do I have to do something else to do ‘skip the counter’ ?
Sorry just trying to work out "DM"

OLCI and STC are basically the same thing. This is how it worked with Andy at DFCH. Once you've submitted the form that I linked earlier it will take you to another form that basically asks for your D/L detail and other minor stuff. Submit that and you'll get the bar code page which you print off.

Go to the garage either A or B side (assuming you're into MCO?). Have a look in the row you've paid for, sit in a few, check mileage, bells & whistles and any damage. Key will either be in ignition or on the visor. Drive to the barrier and show the attendant the bar code, D/L and CC and check the contract that your given shows zero balance and off you go.

You can add fuel service at the barrier and return empty if you like. Alamo are very good and don't rip you off pricewise.

Mick
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry just trying to work out "DM"

OLCI and STC are basically the same thing. This is how it worked with Andy at DFCH. Once you've submitted the form that I linked earlier it will take you to another form that basically asks for your D/L detail and other minor stuff. Submit that and you'll get the bar code page which you print off.

Go to the garage either A or B side (assuming you're into MCO?). Have a look in the row you've paid for, sit in a few, check mileage, bells & whistles and any damage. Key will either be in ignition or on the visor. Drive to the barrier and show the attendant the bar code, D/L and CC and check the contract that your given shows zero balance and off you go.

You can add fuel service at the barrier and return empty if you like. Alamo are very good and don't rip you off pricewise.

Mick
Cheers Mick. In regards to the fuel, is the car already full and u need to take it back full unless you pay at the barrier ? In 2017 I paid at the counter via debit card and think it was around £40 and was told no need to fuel it up before returning it
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes it will say print voucher after you have checked in check this and then print off it should have a bar code in the top Right corner
If it's got that you are good to go
Do you want a screen shot of the one I did yesterday for our upcoming trip
That would be ideal Gryff 👍🏻👍🏻
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by MickyC View Post
Cheers Mick. In regards to the fuel, is the car already full and u need to take it back full unless you pay at the barrier ? In 2017 I paid at the counter via debit card and think it was around £40 and was told no need to fuel it up before returning it
The default for every single car hire company (in Florida at least) is that you take them out with a full tank and return full - unless you pay for some enhanced package.

You may be able to add fuel during the OLCI process but I can't remember but you can certainly do it at the barrier.

Mick