Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Feb 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry just trying to work out "DM"

OLCI and STC are basically the same thing. This is how it worked with Andy at DFCH. Once you've submitted the form that I linked earlier it will take you to another form that basically asks for your D/L detail and other minor stuff. Submit that and you'll get the bar code page which you print off.

Mick
Sorry to jump in.
I've booked with Andy. If I do OLCI, and get a barcode, then I don't need to go to a kiosk?
As I don't wish to use a CC and kiosks apparently don't accept DC?
Sorry if that's confusing.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
Sorry to jump in.
I've booked with Andy. If I do OLCI, and get a barcode, then I don't need to go to a kiosk?
Andy hopefully will spot the thread and confirm.

From my own experience, other Dibbers and my daughter you can certainly skip the counter and go straight to the garage at MCO, MIA, TPA and FLL. I've no experience of SFB since 2008 but I believe that you can't go straight to the garage there. Dibbers do say that you can use kiosks at SFB though but sadly I've no idea what they look like or what they do.

However assuming you're flying into the four STC locations you're OK with the bar code.

Alamo (can't speak for the others) will accept a debit card so long as it bears the Visa or Mastercard logo. Their Ts & Cs say for using a DC you have to show evidence of a return travel ticket but as I always use a CC I can't confirm if they ask for it.

Mick
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Unfortunately I’ve been told by Alamo that I’m not eligible for online check in as the holiday was booked with Thomas Cook via Hays Travel.

This is what they replied to me:

I certainly understand the inconvenience that this may pose, Mr. Coleman. Per our terms and conditions for our Skip the Counter option, the "reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party", such as a voucher. The best way to ensure Skip the Counter eligibility would be to rent directly from Alamo. I am certain that our agents in Orlando will get you on the road as quickly as possible. - DA
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by MickyC View Post
Unfortunately I’ve been told by Alamo that I’m not eligible for online check in as the holiday was booked with Thomas Cook via Hays Travel.

I certainly understand the inconvenience that this may pose, Mr. Coleman. Per our terms and conditions for our Skip the Counter option, the "reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party", such as a voucher. The best way to ensure Skip the Counter eligibility would be to rent directly from Alamo. I am certain that our agents in Orlando will get you on the road as quickly as possible. - DA

Hoping Tom Morrow spots this as he has more evidence than I do but as far as I know you can do STC with any UK third party provider. Absolute evidence on here doing it with Virgin (Tom regularly) and DFCH (me and dozens of other Dibbers)

Alamo being economical with the truth I'm afraid. Have you tried asking Hays or TC for an Alamo reference number? Looking for ten digits (all numbers) beginning maybe 128xxxxxxx

EDIT - sorry I'm getting old. I said all this back in post #2

Mick

Edited at 10:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I can echo what Mick says, I have done STC with Netflights, uscarhire, and another company which I can't remember what it was (It's my age lol!)

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I can echo what Mick says, I have done STC with Netflights, uscarhire, and another company which I can't remember what it was (It's my age lol!)
Alamo are by far my preferred company for reasons I've mentioned earlier but I've seen far too much evidence over the years that I've been reading these threads of them saying this. It is disgraceful but unfortunately without the 128... number I don't know how to progress.

I know that Virgin have a slightly different OLCI form and number but it's worked for me with DFCH many times.

Mick
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3

Total and usual Alamo nonsense sad to say.

With the Alamo reference you can do online check in and skip the counter with each and every supplier be it Andy, Virgin or some Eskimo in an igloo in the Arctic!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I got the 128 number from Alamo via DM on Twitter. The page loads up with my details, type of vehicle included & even our flight number !

Enter all the info by then it comes up with an error message 😡😡

“Hi, Mr. Coleman. Thanks again for contacting our team today. Upon further research, it appears that the account number attached to your reservation, from Thomas Cook, is causing the discrepancy. This specific number may not have been loaded into our systems. At this point, this reservation would not qualify for our online check-in process. I trust that our representatives will do their absolute best to enter this information in a timely fashion when you arrive in Orlando. I want to thank you for allowing our team the opportunity to look into this further. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to message our team for support. Sincerest regards, DA”
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
Sorry to jump in.
Mick's response is spot on. If you're arriving at one of the STC airports, just go straight to the garage. Don't bother with the kiosks.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I got the 128 number from Alamo via DM on Twitter. The page loads up with my details, type of vehicle included & even our flight number !

Enter all the info by then it comes up with an error message 😡😡
Whats the error message you're getting? Thomas Cook, Virgin and 3rd parties including myself all have a live and direct link with Alamo. The reservations are confirmed on their systems and assigned a ref number directly by Alamo. Have you tried using a different web browser such as Chrome?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List