Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Feb 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

We went 2016 -- last week of Jan/first week of Feb -- and had one day at Universal. Park-to-park tickets meant we could use the Hogwarts Express (kids are Harry Potter fans). We tried to do everything at both parks, but ran out of time a bit at the end and missed a few rides we would have liked to have done. Dd wanted another go at the Rip Ride Rockit and the younger ones wanted ET. Oldest wanted Transformers. We did split up into groups (me with the 6 and 10 year olds and dh with the 13 and 16 year olds) a few times, which meant everyone got to ride their favorites.

Still, next time I want more days. One was not enough. Two might be nice. Three if going to Volcano Bay as well.
Old 12 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are thinking of just doing one day - For us I think it will be islands of adventure as both my boys 4 & 6 are big dinosaur fans and superhero fans. We loved king kong and IOA has the best water rides. Dr Suess is perfect for the smallest and tame enough for the biggest and the harry potter bit is good too so weighing everything up I think IOA is probably the park for us on this occasion.
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t. Disclaimer is I’m not a massive Universal fan but a day ain’t enough to warrant the cost IMO. Two days with a night at a hotel providing FoL Passes is every more expensive but I’d do that to at least cover the ground.
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GlenWa73 View Post
Thanks for the advice so far, one park sounds the most realistic... so which one!? I have a 13DD and a 10DS, plus the DW. thanks in advance
No - with a 10 and 13 year old you can do a long day park to park. Pick the main rides out of the two parks and go for it. Start with IoA as that’s the busier of the two.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did it in one day in 2017 with an express pass and felt satisfied. We started off in Universal studios, hit minions, Shrek, transformers, the mummy, we then did simpsons and MIB. Jumped into the Harry potter area, did gringotts took the train over to the other side and rode forbidden journey, did a bit of Seuss, then did Jurassic park, Kong and hit the superhero area, did Spiderman and hulk then left.
This was with a 7 year old so involved child swap on a few rides, we certainly didn't do it all and I felt sick as a dog from simulators 🤣 but we also didn't feel like there was anything we really missed out on!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The biggest bit of advice I can give is get there at least 30 mins before rope drop and be in the park. Hotel guests are in an hour early but they are restricted to HP and kept out of the rest of the park until opening, so you can get on popular rides very quickly, especially as they will be coming from the HP end.

For rides the kids might not want to go on or even for a quick 2nd go if they are comfortable going on a ride by themselves then the single rider queues really help. You queue up together, but are then used to fill empty seats so get split for the actual ride. These can sometimes be 5-10 mins where a normal queue is 60mins.

You need both park to go on the HP train.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not sure if it's been mentioned, Depending when you are going the new Harry Potter coaster might be open at IOA which Will swell crowds.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

As the title suggests... we're thinking about doing one day at universal this august. What would you do? Is there enough time to cram park to park?! Suggestions welcome!
I would start by getting some practise in with riding simulator rides, you will need it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As the title suggests... we're thinking about doing one day at universal this august. What would you do? Is there enough time to cram park to park?! Suggestions welcome!
Buy Express Passes for everyone.
Get to Universal at least 30 minutes before opening time and stay until closing time.
Plan which rides you want to do - you are unlikely to be able to do all of them in one day.
Have a rest from the heat in the middle of the day. It's hot in August.

Are you going at the beginning or end of August? If you are visiting near the end of August then it won't be too busy (although I would still highly recommend Express Passes). The start of August is busier.

As long as you manage expectations - don't expect to do everything - then you should be ok. It'll be a rush at times, and hot, so also remember to take breaks now and again.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

I'd cry because of all the stuff i'd be missing