Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Holiday Insurance

We are going on a family holiday this year with our two children and their partners which we have paid for. However they need to get insurance ( we already have insurance for myself and husband)
Has anyone got any recommendations and I assume they each have to get a single policy?

Thank you in advance
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Do they live together? If they live together they can have a joint policy.

Otherwise id get single ones.

Alot of bank account packages offer travel insurance so get them to check
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

I don’t think they have the bank accounts that offer insurance although I wil check.
My son lives with his girlfriend but my daughter lives with us.
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I use Top Dog for our Granddaughter.

Go via Quidco for cashback as well. However dont accept the quote and pay, instead click on 'E Mail me the quote'.

They do and also give a discount off it so a few £ saved.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Shouldn’t everyone be on the same insurance policy... my friend and her husband had booked a holiday of a lifetime with another couple, each couple had their own policy unfortunately the man in the other party broke their leg they’re insurance paid out but the my friend insurance wouldn’t as it wasn’t the same policy they decided not to go and forfitted the holiday
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Shouldn’t everyone be on the same insurance policy... my friend and her husband had booked a holiday of a lifetime with another couple, each couple had their own policy unfortunately the man in the other party broke their leg they’re insurance paid out but the my friend insurance wouldn’t as it wasn’t the same policy they decided not to go and forfitted the holiday
This is a risk, but as the OP is looking at a "close family" booking they would be covered under the illness or inability to travel of a close relative clause

So they should be ok, but always double check information you get on the internet, it's worth exactly what you paid for it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies, I don’t think I can add everyone to our policy as it’s through my husbands work.
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

If you cannot do a group booking you can do more than one insurance policy with the same provider (ideally on same terms but may not be possible if via work) and can ask for the policies to be linked in the system. I understand this can only be done if all parties are travelling on the same holiday booking.

I had to do this with my adult DS when he joined on a family holiday after all other insurances had been booked.

It might be worth asking if your husband's insurer will accommodate this. It might not be the cheapest option though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
Do they live together? If they live together they can have a joint policy.

Otherwise id get single ones.

Alot of bank account packages offer travel insurance so get them to check
I don't believe they need to live together to get a joint policy. Group travel policies rather than individual or family policies would cover a group of people travelling together and in most definitions I have seen e.g aviva or gocompare, there is no need for those on a group policy to live together. If the other 4 can be accommodated in your work policy then great but, if not, I think it only needs one group policy for the other 4. The fact you are all travelling together and on same booking should help if there was a need to cancel as most policies include reference to illness or injury to anyone you are travelling with or on whom the holiday plans depend. If you check the definitions of group policy on comparison site or if getting quote direct from insurers not on these sites, I think you will be reassured individual policies not needed.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies. My husband, myself and my daughter who lives at home and is under 21 is covered on my husbands works policy.
My son and his girlfriend will have to get their own insurance and also my daughters boyfriend.