Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
davedj75
New Poster (5)

2 parks in one day?

Is it possible to combine two parks into one day?

Me and my partner are going as a couple 26th sept to 10th October, it is our first time going to Orlando so as you can imagine we want to try and do everything however when I'm planning my holiday I'm finding that we just don't have enough time there to do it all in 14 nights.

Are there any two parks that either aren't that big/busy and close enough together that you could combine two parks into one full day?
We like to do some rollercoasters but we're not fussed about them that much so if it was anything over a 60 min wait time we probably wouldn't wait for it.
davedj75 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We did 14 days on our first trip and came back exhausted. We didn't do it all. After that we decided to do 21 days. Prioritize the parks and rides/shows that you really want to do and make the most of the jet lag. You will be awake early so get to the parks and do the rides at the top of your list then fit everything else in during the day. We always have a day or two in each park. There's so much to see and do, then there's shopping at the malls and I Drive. Have a great time
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

All things are possible of course, but it is definitely easy to underestimate how much there is to do and want to do everything. Have you already bought your park tickets? What have you bought?
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
davedj75
New Poster (5)

We have tickets for all Disney parks, all universal parks, sea world, aquatic, bush gardens and discovery cove with dolphin swim & seaventure. my partner also wants to go to Kennedy Space Centre but we haven't bought tickets for that yet
davedj75 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I think its do-able, especially without children. If you make sure you target the parks when there are no early magic hours you'll be fine. If you enter went the park opens, you can do a few rides when the queues are much shorter.

Book your fastpasses then in the second park and you'd be fine I'd imagine.

If you went to Epcot first, I'd go straight to Test track, then from there straight to Soaring, and then up to Frozen. The other attractions there wont be a huge queue. Then if you went to Magic Kingdom after that on the monorail. You might be able to book the mountain rides on fastpasses and then you are laughing
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are a couple in our early twenties with no children and on our first trip in 2017 we had ultimate tickets for Disney, 14 day tickets for universal (no volcano bay then) and tickets for sea world, Busch gardens and Aquatica.

We spent a week on the Disney parks with one visit to one of their water parks. We usually spent our mornings at one park and then went back to the hotel before heading out to another.

Then we spent our second week doing the two universal parks and a day doing sea world, a day doing Busch gardens and a day doing a mix of shopping and universal.

I don’t feel we actually could of fit more in than that, anything else would have been too much for us to really enjoy the parks.

We are going back in May and are spending 6 nights on idrive doing universal and Kennedy Space Centre and then spending 8 nights onsite at Disney for the 4 main parks and one of the water parks.

klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

I completely understand where you're coming from - its so hard as looking at all the parks they all look so great and you end up feeling like "I've paid for the tickets so have to do it all" but it isn't possible to do everything sadly :-(

We've just booked our 2nd trip - on our 1st trip we had the same tickets as you minus discovery cove and we never intended to go to busch gardens either even though it was included. We worked out a "priority" list of a few things from each park and shows we wanted to see etc and then if we could fit more in great, if not we'd enjoyed what we'd done. We also did a few days where we'd visit a water park in the morning and then go to a park for an afternoon and/or evening which worked well too and a morning bobbing around a lazy river or wave pool is lovely.

I went with massive plans and thinking we could do everything and very quickly realised with the heat and the long days on your feet all day etc it wasn't going to happen but we made sure we hit our "must doo's". I do feel in hindsight I rushed through certain things though and not taking in certain areas properly as the themeing in the parks themselves are attractions - not just the rides.

One last tip is we found water parks good for "rest days" but also Epcot and Seaworld both seemed to have a different pace about them too so this trip they are also going to be spaced between the busier more hectic parks :-)x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Honestly - we have done two 2 week trips with both Disney and Universal tickets and still feel like we haven't seen it all - so you will be busy and definitely will feel like you didn't maximize the tickets / see everything etc, but then again you could of bought just Disney and felt like you didn't experience everything so you'll be fine.

Just make sure you stop when you need to so you don't get overtired or it starts to ruin the holiday
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by davedj75 View Post
Are there any two parks that either aren't that big/busy and close enough together that you could combine two parks into one full day?
Are you thinking of doing those two theme parks only on that one day? So only spending half a day in each park in total for those two parks? If so, then I think it would be extremely difficult to do those two parks justice in only half a day each.

Sure, you can visit two parks in one day. There's no issue visiting, say, Epcot and Hollywood Studios in one day. But you'll only be able to do a limited amount in each park and you'll have to miss things out. You won't be able to see both firework shows, for example.

If you are thinking of visiting a waterpark and then a theme park, or two waterparks, in one day then that might be easier.

Anyway, assuming you do want to visit 2 parks in one day, here are my suggestions:
  • Epcot and Hollywood Studios - the parks are close-ish to one another and you can walk between them. You could skip most of World Showcase at Epcot and HS currently doesn't have many rides.
  • Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - These parks are next to one another. Hogwarts Express conveniently goes between the two. You'd have to skip some rides to fit these both into one day. Express Passes would be a must!
  • Aquatica and Seaworld - You might be able to fit these two into one day, especially if you only want to go on the rides at Seaworld and aren't bothered about the shows.

Busch Gardens is miles away so that would be difficult to do with the Orlando parks. Same goes for Kennedy Space Centre.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List