Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NLC
New Poster (4)

Recommendations for 8 and 11 year old boys Orlando

Going to Orlando in Oct 19 with two boys aged 8 and 11 for 14 nights.

Will have tickets for Disney and Universal. Both like Harry Potter, so that is definitely on our list along with Kennedy Space Centre and Mickey's Halloween party.

Does anyone have any other recommendations of things they think they might enjoy - rides, restaurants, other activities.

I've just started looking and didn't realise the scale of things!

Thanks.

Edited at 05:21 PM. Reason: Updated
NLC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

For a 2 week holiday I wouldn’t be looking at any more activities than the ones you have booked already. You could just end up overloaded. Factor in time to rest, pool time.

Have you had a look at vlogs on you tube and your sons can choose rides themselves. You may find at their age they are a lot more interested in Universal than Disney. We really enjoyed Space centre and were there all day.

We tend to eat quick service Panda Express( Chinese) Taco Bell, chuys ( Mexican)

I would also look at some Dibb trip reports.

You will have the most amazing time whatever you do !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

If you have a free afternoon and they like arcades they will love Dave and Busters.The food there is lovely too x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 04:24 AM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Could go for an air boat ride, boggy creek or similar isn't too far away.
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

My son turns 11 when we are their in August, And he wanted to do a airboat road with "Spirit of the Swamp"
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The big questions with Univeral are ‘are either going to be 54inches plus’ and ‘do they like big rides?
Whilst there are many really good virtual rides and much that caters for the 7-12 bracket, some of the coasters are awesome.
If you can get a park map or ride list printed off, then it will be easy for you to have a family tune session and give them marks out of 10 in desirability. It is also worth listing the rides and where relevant, get your children/family to watch the appropriate film. With the price of DVDs on eBay, the cost should be minimal.

As for Disney, I cannot help as we no longer bother. My kids at 12 and 16 have grown completely out of it and would be mortified at the suggestion of further visits.. (and that saves me an absolute fortune).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

When we went my DS 10 1/2 and DD almost 8. DS loved Disney. We did Jedi training and watched the Storm Troupers show ( we didn't know about this before and him and DH loved it)

We also spent mornings at the water parks but mine both love swimming.

I'd write a list of what you want to do and try and work out a rough plan of what days where and then narrow down what you'll do in each place.

We only had 14 days so Disney plus one day at Discovery Cove. We had no time for Universal.

As PP said check the heights of rides, our DD was too small for most at universal so we didn't want her feeling left out.

There's loads at Disney for boys if you've never been I'd say it's enough on its own.

We're now planning a second visit include universal.

Edited at 12:08 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'd have said a Spirit of the Swamp boat ride too, our son aged seven loved it. But I don't think you'll have time or you'll end up exhausted and stressed trying to do too much. When we went in May we only had Disney tickets and didn't spend enough time resting by the pool. Kids love pool time don't they so build in plenty of that.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

We are going October this year too! Our boys will be 10 and 6 so a bit younger, when we went in 2017 they were 8 and 4 - they absolutely loved the waterparks especially typhoon lagoon.. so we used these as our rest days and did a few half days there too before heading to the main parks after lunch.

It was also where the 9 year old discovered steak (! ) ... so evenings were spent at various steak houses on the 192 assessing which one was the best! Mannys came out on top!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

we have never done it but i believe wonderworks and ripleys beleive it or not is great for young peeps