Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Am I missing something? MNSSHP

We are going on August. The idea of Halloween in August just doesn’t appeal to me.
I’d completely ignored MNSSHP as just doesn’t appeal, I don’t want to dress up and take Halloween costumes in August, I don’t want tons of sweets! I don’t want to experience any busier than we need?
I’m only annoyed as MNSSHP has fallen on our last night when I’d planned last night at MK. So now I’m replanning that night. Am I missing something though? Should I be considering MNSSHP and if not where would you go on our last night?

Edited at 08:32 AM.
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you don’t go you would miss the candy and the parade ( watch it on YouTube it never changes) and the character meets ( in 3 mnsshp we have never met a character !) and it doesnt sound like you want to spend the extra money on it either . You could do mk upto closing ( it’s normally a little quieter on mnsshp mornings ) , then go for a meal at a monorail Resort then watch the Halloween fireworks from them or even do the private boat hire which is worth every penny and full of memories . Or You could do the ferrywishes one. That’s if you really want to do mk in the evening . Or you could book a dessert party at another park , Epcot also will have the new firework show on so you could finish your holiday there.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

We did it last year and wouldn't bother again. Park was absolutely jam packed and not really enjoyable at all.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We loved it, best evening of our trip,!
Parade was fantastic, great atmosphere with all the different outfits and low wait times
We came back with a pathetic amount of sweets though 😂
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'd be going to MK till 4pm'ish. Then going for a swim/break at hotel followed by Cali Grill for dinner and Hallowishes.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

We love it! they let more people buy tickets than they used to so it IS more packed than it used to be but nowhere near as packed as a normal busy day! Wait times are less and you can easily get a space for fireworks etc.

Speaking of fireworks, the fireworks display is the all round 360 degree fireworks which are just brill

The parade is one of the best Disney do and the whole feel of the night is really great.

We don't dress up or collect sweets BUT we love seeing all the costumes and the atmosphere

Each to their own of course! but we love the halloween party
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did it in August last year - was very surreal because A) we never do anything for Halloween at home, like ever and B) It was august. Just couldn't get my head around it. We did enjoy it don't get me wrong, but it's a lot of money, for one night when you've already forked out money for tickets. We all prefer Happily Ever After to Hallowishes aswell, and we're not parade people (haven't watched a full one yet) So I don't think you're missing out as you've never been so don't know what you're missing (if you know what I mean!) We're giving it a miss this year and will hopefully watch HEA another night from either inside MK or from thr beach at the poly!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Yeah I’m really not feeling it. Not bothered about character meets,sweets or costumes so doesn’t sound like it’s for us.

We’ll have seen the Epcot fireworks already and can’t change that as meeting friends for dinner that night. We’ll have been to Cali grill already too and don’t want to change that as it’s my birthday that night.
Staying at GF so could have a night at a restaurant there but feels like should go out on the last night.

We’ve never seen the AK night time show before, it opened the week we were there last time and we didn’t risk the crowds. I could
Plan that. You know it’s just when you have last night MK in your head!

It’s not our last night holiday just our last night disney, we then move to royal pacific for 4 nights .
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in September - it was brilliant for just walking onto the rides (2 years ago though so maybe busier now?) I said I wouldn't go back for Halloween but I would go back for the easy access rides. Got so much more done in the time - but it was a rainy night, the show was cancelled, after the first fireworks it was a nightmare to get up Main Street. So, not sure I'd do it with little kids, but as an adult with a goal, I think it can be worth it - wouldn't go in October though, especially towards the end.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What about fantasmic at HS?
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List