Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

I,m with you OP and feel that it get’s earlier each year! Must check my Mk days to make sure MNSSHP doesn’t affect our evenings.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've been back and forth on whether to go. Kids are keen- you tube has a lot to answer for- I suspect its the sweets they fancy. We are likely to be at the first party. Feels over priced likely to be manic but you only live once- we may never be back at the right time.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

We went to the first party of the season in August last year mainly because we wanted to experience a Disney special event. Two adults and our DS 20. We donned t shirts and had loads of fun. Alot was walk on, parade was brilliant and we bagged decent spots very close to it starting down in Frontierland, saw fireworks from behind castle and gathered quite a lot of candy despite not really trying. DH felt he was surrounded by serious Disney buffs and found the whole thing hilarious. Got some good photopass photos, Space Mountain with a rock soundtrack in pitch black was out of this world and light show on teacups was fun. Would we do it again - yes. Different atmosphere and fun to do. Was abit hot in August but it somehow didn’t really matter
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We did our first MNSSHP last year we had a brilliant night, great show,parade and fireworks,walk on most rides. It was our only visit to MK of the holiday,arrived at 4 left at 12 so got our monies worth.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
We done MNSSHP last year for the first time and LOVED it! I personally had never fancied it in the past, but my wife Thought we should try it on the last trip.

We didn’t collect much sweets or dress up but had a fantastic evening. The parade and Hallowishes were really good. Plus the park is much quieter than normal so wait times are greatly reduced. Go on, give it a go 👻

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Autumn Daze
Proud to wear my Ears

Beyond the things people have already mentioned, they often do special food items on the Halloween nights. Also, last year, they ran Space Mountain completely in the dark, which was really good. Haunted Mansion is a little more dramatic on these nights too with an actress playing a ghost in the attraction’s grounds and mist everywhere.

Should any of these be enough to entice you, I’d think not, but just to give you a fuller picture.
Autumn Daze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Red Nats View Post
Yeah I’m really not feeling it. Not bothered about character meets,sweets or costumes so doesn’t sound like it’s for us.

We’ll have seen the Epcot fireworks already and can’t change that as meeting friends for dinner that night. We’ll have been to Cali grill already too and don’t want to change that as it’s my birthday that night.
Staying at GF so could have a night at a restaurant there but feels like should go out on the last night.

We’ve never seen the AK night time show before, it opened the week we were there last time and we didn’t risk the crowds. I could
Plan that. You know it’s just when you have last night MK in your head!

It’s not our last night holiday just our last night disney, we then move to royal pacific for 4 nights .
Since you're staying at Universal for 4 nights why not go to MK on one of those days. Two days is plenty for Universal/IoA.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP,I’m with you. I have done MNSSHP but in November. I enjoyed it, but I don’t think I’d ”feel” it in August either. Like celebrating Xmas in July
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List