Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JCAM
I want to go now!

Mobile 2 weeks in August 19

Hi all, new member sent here by a friend who told me this would be an essential part of planning an Orlando trip!

There is a 2 week holiday in Aug this year flying from LGW and staying at the Disney All Star hotel with ultimate tickets and deluxe dining plan for £9376. This is for 2 adults 2 cjildren, 11 and a 9 yo. Is this a good price? Would you expect this price to drop?

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received, thanks
JCAM is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post

personally i feel the deluxe DDP is way too much food

whats the price on the standard DDP ? ? ?

but its not a bad deal, you wouldnt need much more added to that amount, tips and the normal shop merch
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JCAM
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hi Matt, thanks for that speedy reply! I don't see an option to change the meal plan. Maybe need to have a nose around on some more sites! I did think it seemed a good price, however I would also like to take the family to Universal for a couple of days
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who was the quote with? are you set to particular dates in August? Sometimes being flexible within a few days can make a difference to the price, but know its not always possible due to work etc
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JCAM
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Who was the quote with? are you set to particular dates in August? Sometimes being flexible within a few days can make a difference to the price, but know its not always possible due to work etc
Hi! Yes we're fixed to Aug as my wife is a teacher. I've looked at a few dates either side and this is the cheapest I can find on the First Choice site.
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JCAM View Post
Hi! Yes we're fixed to Aug as my wife is a teacher. I've looked at a few dates either side and this is the cheapest I can find on the First Choice site.
First choice only offer deluxe dining. It is ALOT of food. The standard dining food is generally more than enough, we have teenagers and still didn't eat it all.

Have a look on tui for your dates and you'll see how much they are charging you extra on first choice for the dining.

Also take a look at disneyholidays, this is booking direct with disney and they are generally quite good prices, the last twice we couldn't beat the price they offered us.
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JCAM
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
First choice only offer deluxe dining. It is ALOT of food. The standard dining food is generally more than enough, we have teenagers and still didn't eat it all.

Have a look on tui for your dates and you'll see how much they are charging you extra on first choice for the dining.

Also take a this is booking direct with disney and they are generally quite good prices, the last twice we couldn't beat the price they offered us.
Thanks for the tips! That's my evening sorted lol
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

Check out attraction tickets direct too. We got a great deal with them for this August when we booked last year. I would agree with others about the deluxe plan. This is only really worth it if you’re going to dine at signatures every day or so!
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Your nine and eleven year old will not want to spend the time at 2 sit down meals a day. I am not a fan of any of the dining plans, but I cannot imagine the deluxe plan being worth the amount you pay for unless this is an eating, not riding and attractions holiday.

Personally, I would not spend over 10K dollars to spend two weeks in a value resort. Check the price for the resort and tickets at the WDW site. And I would not buy more than I would reasonably use especially in August. The heat zaps energy and appetite.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

I think that sounds a lot. We are going for 3 weeks this August ( school holiday locked too) with 2 weeks staying at Animal kingdom lodge with middle Disney dining plan and ultimate tickets for 4 Disney adults and fully expect to be all in for less that £9000. We did get cheap flights though, sounds like you are paying £1000 a flight for that quote. Cheaper flights can be found but the window is closing, free dining has finished for this year too but you absolutely do not need delux dining!
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List