Notices

Old 21 Nov 11, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Connies Mummy View Post
Another thing that caught my eye was the balloon flight DD has said she would like to fly in a balloon (we get quite a few fly over our house). I'm not so sure about this, could I hide my fear of heights long enough to do this? (I did conquer my fear of ferris wheels last year after DD insisted on riding 5 times in one afternoon) and it looks like she would ride for free if I read things correctly. Has anyone done this? Was it good? Did the basket feel sturdy?!
Talk to Stacey (stace&tink) I know she did a balloon ride with her parents on her last trip.

My youngest wants to do the bbb this time round (not done it before). Which package did you have and where did she have it done? How's the rest of your planning coming along? I want the park hours out now!
(are you on fb btw?)

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

hello

decided to go find a pre-trippie or two to help pass the time till holiday time and yours is perfect timing.

Magic photo of you both on last years trip. Well done with the ebay event. I do the same now and again, have a a huge clear out. We moved house in March so had an even bigger clear out but already things are mounting up again. Think I might wait though until Spring and have another huge clear out then to boost the spends money.

How is the new book? Would you recommend?

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by clairemichelle View Post
Talk to Stacey (stace&tink) I know she did a balloon ride with her parents on her last trip.

My youngest wants to do the bbb this time round (not done it before). Which package did you have and where did she have it done? How's the rest of your planning coming along? I want the park hours out now!
(are you on fb btw?)
Hi Clairemichelle I will do that think it would be amazing to do just a bit nervous of the idea of being suspended from a basket under a balloon (silly really in my time I have done grade 5 white water rafting on the Zambezi so a gentle float in the sky should be a walk in the park!)

My DD had the top package Castle? it was really expensive $250+ but she got outfit shoes wand crown hair extensions make up and nail polish and a photo package. We will do it again but will go for the middle package and take an outfit that's what pushes up the price to the ridiculous and then get some photos done with the photopass photographer but saying that it was very special and her face was a picture. She had her makeover at the MK BBB then spent the rest of the day being greeted as Princess Jasmine we even got stopped by some Japanese tourists who wanted their little girl to have her photo taken with DD!

Havent really done much planning really been reading lots of trippies and food reports getting ideas for CS meals must start making notes (maybe I need a notebook!)
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by minnie-magic View Post
hello

decided to go find a pre-trippie or two to help pass the time till holiday time and yours is perfect timing.

Magic photo of you both on last years trip. Well done with the ebay event. I do the same now and again, have a a huge clear out. We moved house in March so had an even bigger clear out but already things are mounting up again. Think I might wait though until Spring and have another huge clear out then to boost the spends money.

How is the new book? Would you recommend?

Hi minnie-magic

Thank you good photos are rare (of me anyway)! I plan on doing another ebay come spring lots of pretty dresses they always go well.

Finding the book a bit hard going in places there are some very interesting things but alot of it is dates and names of imagineers and not too many hidden secrets, I now wish I had gone for the 2012 version of Brits guide or even got the unofficial guide to WDW but heyho its nearly christmas maybe Santa will be kind and put one in my stocking.

Who am I kidding? I'm Santa in this house! Feel a little browse on an online bookshop coming on!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by clairemichelle View Post
(are you on fb btw?)
Sorry didnt see this bit at first, yes I am will PM you my ID.
Old 22 Nov 11, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

We had a balloon ride courtesy of Thompson Aire who I would thoroughly recommend. Captain Jeff is the Florida state hot air ballooning champion and was so entertaining. I was a bit apprehensive but the flight was so smooth, if you had your eyes shut you wouldn't have known you were off the ground. Have a look at thompsonaire/
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 11, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Pinkpams View Post
We had a balloon ride courtesy of Thompson Aire who I would thoroughly recommend. Captain Jeff is the Florida state hot air ballooning champion and was so entertaining. I was a bit apprehensive but the flight was so smooth, if you had your eyes shut you wouldn't have known you were off the ground. Have a look at thompsonaire/
Thank you Pinkpams, I have had a look and it looks fab (I like the idea of there being seats in case I get wobbly legs)
Old 23 Nov 11, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
The pic of your daughter from the boutique is awesome! I wish i'd had such a great mum when i was little! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 11, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
The pic of your daughter from the boutique is awesome! I wish i'd had such a great mum when i was little! xx
Thank you! And by the way wow on your Disney Diet well done!
Old 24 Nov 11, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just spent a very pleasent evening reading Oh-darlings pre trip and trip report cant wait to read the rest of it.

Nothing Florida related to report today but in a bid to still do something exciting with minimal spending I exchanged some clubcard vouchers for tickets to see "The Nutcracker". DD loves dancing (she started ballet classes at 17 months old and now takes 2 a week and also tap, she is good but she could get that from my granny who danced for the blackpool tower ballet in her youth) anyway The Nutcracker is my favourite ballet its like a pantomime without the talking and we are going to see it on Boxing Day, yay, and the tickets arrived today!