Notices

Old 4 Sep 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Third Time Lucky - Day 14 - Travel Day

The storm (downgraded over night) woke us up at 5am, god it was loud! The lightening filled the whole room but it didn't seem to last very long. That was it then we were all awake. Once the usual toiletries etc were in the case, we left our home for last 2 weeks. I always think about who next would be in 'our' house!
The rain was really hammering down now but Paul took it steady driving to Disney Springs to do bag drop. Once bags dropped, we had said we would walk round & get a EOS but it was wet & miserable so we decided to go to the cinema. We watched Grostbusters, we enjoyed it, Ava was scared in some parts but I ain't afraid of no ghosts! Lol. The seats in the cinema are huge! They didn't do sweet popcorn so we shared a caramel popcorn & cherry vanilla coke zero from the free style machine (i want one at home!).
Left for airport and security was surprisingly quick & painless this time round. Oh we grabbed a late lunch as we hadn't really had a proper food since breakfast (if you call pop tarts proper food!) I had the orange chicken & vegetables from panda express, wow this was delicious & I'm so glad I got to try it. Ava & Paul had a maccy d's.
We did the usual spend the last of our bucks in the shop before boarding.

Ava & I shared a chocolate frozen yogurt with 4 different toppings, we had oreo's, Sprinkles & jelly sweets. Again really delicious.
The flight went so quickly, despite me not sleeping at all. I was gutted this time as I couldn't get dibbers row in the bubble (I forgot about it the day I could book them) but I still wanted a back row as I am a recliner but don't want to annoy anyone. We sat row 47 and whilst it was fine generally, it was right next to the galley and when the cabin lights went off the light from the galley was so bright it was giving me a headache. They did close the curtain every now & then but then someone would forget & I didn't want to ask. I watched the jungle book, Joy & a documentary on Tiffany's, I really enjoyed all of them. Paul & Ava managed to sleep on & off. To eat I had the red Thai curry with rice & veg & again really enjoyed this. Cheesecake for pudding.

Flight was really quick, about 7 hours. Once off the plane, collected bags & car & that was that... holiday over.
At home we went to bed for a few hours which really helped with the jet leg, shopping was delivered and we ordered a curry (knew I wouldn't want to cook, plus one more treat till I'm back on slimming world). Bed at 10.30 and we slept for 12 hours, amazing.
I really appreciate those that have read & left me comments, thank you.
If anyone wants a highs & lows please let know.

Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Short legs - 4 Sep 16 7:49 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loved your report x could you do a highs and lows x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Loved reading along, would love a highs and lows!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List