Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Mar 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely report👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What a brilliant report, I’m really enjoying it. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Some great snacks at F&G, my list is growing rapidly!
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
This report has been fantastic thanks. I am so looking forward to our trip to CBR with the dining plan now. Also feeling I’ve completely failed to make the most of it it previous years-am resolved to make up for that this year!
I think planning has really helped us make the most of it and not end up at the same places all the time. I wrote a list of all the QS eateries in each park with the kind of food they served. I also used Instagram a lot to search out the ‘fancy’ foods #disneyfood & #disneydining throw up some great pictures
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Another good day, but sounds like you hit a bit of a food wall. I know some people don't get it, but there really is a lot of food on offer with the dining plans. We're never hungry!
I keep looking at the food, and thinking there’s plenty for lunch and dinner, but the breakfasts look a little lacking.
We are doing the DDP for the first time this year and still feeling we will be taking breakfast bits with us. DS doesn’t get DDP as he’s under 3 but eats like a 4-5 year old... so taking plenty of breakfast/snacks with us
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Beddy666 View Post
I keep looking at the food, and thinking there’s plenty for lunch and dinner, but the breakfasts look a little lacking.
We are doing the DDP for the first time this year and still feeling we will be taking breakfast bits with us. DS doesn’t get DDP as he’s under 3 but eats like a 4-5 year old... so taking plenty of breakfast/snacks with us
With the DDP rather than the QSDP you get more options for breakfast as you've got all the character breakfast buffets - where your little one would eat for free too.

We don't eat big breakfasts at home personally, so are happy with some cereal, sharing a plate of pancakes and fruit or a bounty platter etc. We often share breakfasts, but take cereal for the room too. Not to save or stretch credits, but because we like to have a quick breakfast in our room sometimes before heading straight out to the parks.

Either way, with 2 meals and 2 snacks, even if it doesn't look like it on paper, it's plenty of food! I don't know anyone who's gone hungry on a dining plan yet

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Wow, that carrot cake was huge but looked incredible!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
I have definitely hit a food wall! I really want a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s tavern... it’s been on my snack hit list for a long time, but the thought of it is making me feel a bit nauseous 🤢
I remember my first time on the DDP & we were so full at the end of the day getting into bed! I needed to make an ADR for lunch the next day, but we were so full we didn’t want to think about food 🤢! We were fine by the morning though
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Magic Kingdom 19th March

Evening/morning DIBBers,

Sorry I’ve gotten a bit lapse with my updates, I had been doing them of an evening, but having just hit all the evening shows this week I’ve been ready for bed by the time we’ve gotten back to resort!

Anyway, Magic Kingdom Part 2.

It was DHs birthday today, the kids wanted pancakes for breakfast (& I needed to get DH a cake!) so I mobile ordered pancakes for the kids & DH wanted overnight oats (this was a snack credit). I was still working on that carrot cake! I hit ‘I’m here - prepare my order’ as soon as I left the room, so by the time I’d gotten to Centre Town and hit grab and go for a birthday cupcake my order was ready.

I took breakfast back to the room so they could get on and eat! We had lunchtime dining reservations so didnt want the faff of getting them all washed and dressed before heading out to breakfast!

DH had decided he wanted a ‘sit down’ meal on his birthday so we picked Tony’s just on the right side of Main Street as you enter Magic Kingdom.

With our drinks (glass of white, pint of beer & Eve had a non alcoholic cocktail - as well as the apple juice that came with the kids meal!) we were served complimentary bread and oil

The kids both had spaghetti and meatballs, there was a choice of 2 sides (Eve had apples and grapes, Jimbo grapes and green beans)

I had chicken parmigiana - Lightly-breaded Chicken with Provolone, Tony's Marinara Sauce over Freshly Made Thin Spaghetti and Local Vegetables (I may have just copied and pasted that!) which was very tasty. Jimbos green beans ended up on my plate having decided he no longer wanted them 🙄

DH opted for Italian Trio
Three classic favorites on one dish! Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti with Pork-Beef Meatball (sorry again for the plagerism 🙈 my brain wouldn’t remember all that!) His favourite part of the trio was the fettuccine Alfredo.

We decided against desert here as we have an abundance of snack credits still to use!

Our total bill was $108 (before tip).

For his desert DH chose a mango dole whip concoction from near space mountain, complete with blue cone and chocolate embellishment to represent ‘UP’
From the same place the kids and I shared 2 chocolate milkshakes between the 3 of us... these were seriously thick shakes! Could have done with a spoon rather than a straw!

Whilst over near space mountain I may have also bought myself a new phone cover... I thought it rather apt!

I did make it to Gaston’s, but still couldn’t face the cinnamon roll (there’s always next time ) i opted for some Le Frou’s brew instead - it’s frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and a fruity (passion fruit I think) foam. By gosh this was sweet, in a way it reminded me of butterbeer, wasnt quite sure if I liked it or not, even sugarholic Eve professed it too sweet for her! Also picked up a tea for DH using a snack credit here - you get given an wrapped tea bag and a paper cup of hot water 🙄

We were still pretty full from lunch but just before we found a spot for the fireworks we hit Pecos Bills Tall Tale inn, we were on the Liberty Belle paddle steam boat when I mobile ordered ready for when we got off. Kids had cheeseburger, squeezey apple pouches & a satsuma, DH and I both had Nachos and a cup of tea

That was the end of our culinary adventure on Tuesday!

Stats for the day
15500 steps
6 meal credits
6 snack credits.

We are heading home tomorrow (Thursday 😢 ) so I’ll finish up my report as we are waiting at the airport... I have a feeling we are going to be hitting ghiardellis tomorrow to use up our remaining meal and snack credits 🙈 as i write this at the end of Wednesday I still have 16 meal credits and 14 snack credits remaining and our bus leaves at 4pm tomorrow 😂 - anyone got any other suggestions to use up credits?!

Edited at 03:46 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Belated Happy birthday to your DH. The meal at Tony’s looked delicious! And I so want to try the ‘up’ ice cream, was that a snack credit?
My word you have a lot of credits remaining 🙈 you’ll need a whole extra suitcase if you exchange that lot for snacks 🤣 what another lovely day at MK... thanks for sharing, I hope you have a good return journey.
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Get to Caramel Kuche in Epcot and use those credits on Werthers popcorn to take home and delicious baked goods for the plane!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List