Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 09, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Petey Pan View Post
It seems to me the people who have visited DLP and hated it have nothing positive to say at all. i really don't believe that someone can visit DLP and not enjoy one thing, all i'm reading is complaint, moan, complaint! Why not speak up about the positives? Just for the record i love DLP and have nothing to complain about!
The only positive about my visit to DLP was that we quite enjoyed the hotel 'Newport Bay' other than that there was absolutely nothing else that I enjoyed.

I would not go back if it was free.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 09, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Petey Pan View Post
It seems to me the people who have visited DLP and hated it have nothing positive to say at all. i really don't believe that someone can visit DLP and not enjoy one thing, all i'm reading is complaint, moan, complaint! Why not speak up about the positives? Just for the record i love DLP and have nothing to complain about!
exactly! goosebumps as i walk up main street,hear the music and see the beautiful castle,being a kid again and seeing my kids faces light up.
none of the queue jumping or rudeness can spoil that for me.

life is what you make it after all!
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I have a question for the people who have posted that they have been to DLP and hated it for some resign or other.

Have you complained to DLP about the thing that upset you, ether while you where at DLP or when you got home?
If you did what did DLP do? and if you did not why not?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 09, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm going soon for the first time and were all excited. I've read lots of trip reports to get ideas and read about people pusing in which is what I've seen before in Spannish parks but worried about smoking. Do people smoke in restraunts without bring told not to or is it just outside which I would be ok with?
Ta
Old 15 Nov 09, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fnuk View Post
I'm going soon for the first time and were all excited. I've read lots of trip reports to get ideas and read about people pusing in which is what I've seen before in Spannish parks but worried about smoking. Do people smoke in restraunts without bring told not to or is it just outside which I would be ok with?
Ta
You'll be fine I've not seen any smoking in restaurants whatsoever!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 09, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
I have a question for the people who have posted that they have been to DLP and hated it for some resign or other.

Have you complained to DLP about the thing that upset you, ether while you where at DLP or when you got home?
If you did what did DLP do? and if you did not why not?
I did complain and was told 'we were sorry you didnt enjoy your trip' and that was it.
Old 15 Nov 09, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I have complained DLP via email for some awful customer service i got and all i recieved was an email telling me they were PROBABLY going to be to busy to deal with the matter!

And nothing since!
Old 15 Nov 09, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I've been to DLP lots of times and really like it there. It's easy to get to (given, I'm in Kent!) and is fun and clean and pretty. I've stayed at Sequoia Lodge - great; Newport Bay - great; the wild west hotel - great!; and then two of the non-disney hotels - Adventurers (I think it's called) and circus themed one - both excellent.

It is expensive, but great for day trip/ overnight stay.

I would definately recommend it.

I've not been affected by the smoking - there are designated areas in the parks, and if ppl are smoking, you just have to mention it to the staff and they will help. (we don't smoke btW!)
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 09, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Interesting to note there is a 2-page thread on 'Chat and News' about smoking in WDW - and the Brits were named as some of the worst offenders.

Interesting to note that a few have complained about things and not received a satisfactory response. I wonder if we could harness the legendary power of the DIBB? Maybe one of us could prepare a 'petition' type email and get anyone who wants to to sign it, and send to DLP, so they could see how many people want them to sort this out?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 09, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I'd sign it :-)
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread