Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 09, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
Ooooh brilliant.

Another thread where someone uses any excuse they can find to have a bash at DLP.

Because they read all the other ani-DLP garbage that gets posted here and forget that as human beings they have the opportunity to go themselves and form their own opinions... :angry:

Thanks for the name check.

Right - I will say this for one final time, coz these type of threads bore the Pete Docherty out of me...

DLP is NOT Orlando.
It never tries to be.
It doesnt want to be.
It cant ever be.

It is our own little European version of Disney,
caters for a different market within a given space,
within a limited budget (now much improving since we got rid of Eisner),
and with almost as French government restrictions as Disney Hong Kong gets from the Chinese!

What it does, it does well.

Disney does its best to police the smoking issue,
but you should remember that the French have not yet adopted the same anti-smoking attitude we have here in the UK.

Sure, just like everything else, if you go looking for it, you will find it. But I can honestly say that in more recent years it hasnt been an issue for us.

My final point...

See that big blue slogan up the top?

It reads "The Dibb - DISNEY with a British Accent"

I often wonder if some dibbers read that as "ORLANDO with a British Accent"

Nuff said. Im done.
says it all to me!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tappers01
slightly serious Dibber

tappers01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
This is an interesting thread, just to pitch my ten penneth, we have been to DLP once, DisneyWorld 7 times.
In our opinion, DLP (as has been said here) doesn't try and compete with the all round vacation package experience that you get in Orlando, however, it is an absolutely beautiful park, and to not go because of the comments of smoking and queue jumping would be a big shame - in my opinion if you are a fan of Disney - you should at least try, and if it's not for you then don't go back.
The smoking was a pain - I am very anti-smoking, can't stand it, but it didn't spoil the time we spent in Disney. There were just too many positives to let it spoil it.
Yes, queue jumping was an issue, but a little patience and the expectation that it was going to happen usually took the sting out of the situation for me.

If anyone doesn't want their free trip - I would gladly take it off your hands!
Old 16 Oct 09, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
as i have said in the past
i have just seen the advert on TV, the 175 quid per adult for 2 nights / 3 days in DLP, kids stay and play for free and book now and its free food ( i guess like DDP in WDW )
OOooooooooooohh i thought, i will do a dummer booking, the hotel is full, the cheapest was 586 for the family ( not bad i thought ) i then added eurostar and it was exactly 999.00
Booking Eurostar separately through their own website would bring that waaaaay down. Our Eurostar return tickets were £60 each (not travelling on a weekend).
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Disney is more than just WDW or Disneyland it is a world wide phenomenon it reaches out to all people, and it dose that buy embracing the Local culture that it is in. DLP is not WDW. that is because it is Disney embracing European culture where as WDW is Disney embracing the good old USA (in a hard core style) i personally think that DLP does a great job of embracing European culture and that is one of the things i love about it.

to all the people who would never go again even if they won a holiday. If you do win a holiday please acsept the prize and then give it to me, as i would love to go for free
Nicely put.
Old 16 Oct 09, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Booking Eurostar separately through their own website would bring that waaaaay down. Our Eurostar return tickets were £60 each (not travelling on a weekend).
this was out on the saturday home on the monday

i will look into that, thanks

anything under 750 for the 3 days would work for me
Old 16 Oct 09, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We just did the Cheyenne for 2 nights - £300 for accommodation for 2 people including half-board vouchers. (This was with the 40% discount, before the free dining came in.) Park tickets included of course.

Travel by Eurostar was £180 in total. You're dropped right at the park so no need for transfers.

We went at a cheap time, and travelled midweek, which kept the costs down.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

It's cheaper to book Eurostar direct - plus you also get to choose your seats online too. If you book the travel via Disney you pay a lot more and sit where they randomly decide to put you.

Just did Mon to Fri in the Cheyenne, park tickets included plus breakfast at the hotel, for about £350. Eurostar was £65 ish on top of that. This gives you 5 days and 4 nights in the park - although obviously I appreciate it's a lot cheaper as it doesn't roll over a weekend.
Old 16 Oct 09, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

I don't smoke and I loved DLP!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

never ever ever ever ever ever (x10000) go at the weekend.

never
never
never
never
ever
ever

You will be paying a premium to queue longer.

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
this was out on the saturday home on the monday

i will look into that, thanks

anything under 750 for the 3 days would work for me
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
never ever ever ever ever ever (x10000) go at the weekend.

never
never
never
never
ever
ever

You will be paying a premium to queue longer.
agreed!
Closed Thread