Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jan 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Our Wedding Dreams| Pretrippie

1) Engagement & Photos
2) Our History
3) The Plans So Far
4) The details
5) The first of the Holiday Plans
6) The Invites Have Been Sent
7) Bits and Bobs of the details
8) A Change of Plans
9) Goodie Bags
10) Honeymoon buys
11) Our Holiday Plan
Holiday Plans #2
12) Our Wedding Shoes (sneak peek!)
13) 6 MONTHS TO GO!
14) Our Holiday ADR's
15) Update and DIY's

The Engagement & Photos
It's time to say hello to you lovely brides, and others that like to read along with the plannings of a very excited bride-to-be, getting ready for our wedding-moon.

When we first got engaged I did pop on here, and let you all know, but I didn't go in to much detail.

So, let's start from the beginning...
Honestly, my dream would have been for Sam to get down on one knee while watching Wishes, a true dream. However I know that he wanted to do it his way, and we both were very keen for an Orlando wedding, so I know he wouldn't do OTT with the "Disney thing".
On May 4th, we went to London for the Weekend. We had afternoon tea booked, and were going to watch the Spice Girls Musical (you didn't miss much if you didn't get to watch it, however it was super fun, and I was obviously on a high while watching it!)
We went straight to the hotel for the afternoon tea, which I'd never properly experienced before, but being a blogger, it was a tick off my list that I really wanted to do.

We had a lovely sit down, and it was right in the corner away from everyone (which I didn't really notice until later on) and our yummy food came out. We were properly chatting away, and all of a sudden I flipped my tea cup over, and under it was a ring! An engagement ring! I felt shocked, and almost jumped away from it, not wanting to touch it. I'd been so obsessed with marriage for so long, and right then, it was all coming true. Sam said some lovely words, most of which I don't remember as I was in a world of happiness, joy and shock.
After phone calls, and a few bites of the food, we both were so excited we couldn't sit still any more and I felt a little sick with excitement.

As soon as we got engaged I knew I'd like some engagement photos taken. I'm such a huge photo fan, and am a little snap happy myself, so I got together with a photographer friend and we worked out a couple of amazing ideas. I still have more, so would love to do a few more before the wedding.
Our first one was on Bournemouth Beach, we had such a lovely sunny day, and it was such a fun a silly shoot

The next shoot was at our local park area, where we also had our engagement party. We had a BBQ here, and invited lots of our friends and family. It was again such a lovely day, we were really lucky with the weather and Chloe managed to get some awesome shots again. This time I was looking for a more pretty, whimsical look, which I think she was spot on with.

Some photos from the party...

Planning started almost straight away, and I will chat about our plans so far in the next installment

Thanks for reading, hope you can follow our planning journey

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 14, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Great start... looking forward to reading your plans
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 14, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Ahh Steph I'm so excited to follow along with this! Seeing your engagement shoots has just got me all warm and fuzzy all over again :L I definitely want to copy and have some engagement shoots done (in like 8 years time when I actually get engaged!)
Old 19 Jan 14, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Great start, can't wait to read your plans
Old 19 Jan 14, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all for reading along
Old 19 Jan 14, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to reading more of your plans fellow October bride
Old 19 Jan 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

The History

Let me introduce us properly, because that's not something I've yet done.
My name is Steph, I am 26 years old and am a Veterinary Nurse. Sam is 24, and works for the Police. We have recently moved into our lovely little house near the canal, in Wiltshire. As well as this we have bought a lovely little boy into our lives... Severus, a 13 week old working cocker!

We've been together 6 years this February, and it's been a lovely ride, full of fun and joy & lots of holidays.
I've been to WDW 6 times now, and Sam has been twice. We've also both been to DLP twice together.

DLP 2010

& 2012

WDW 2009 (GAWD! Look how young we look)

& 2012

Our second trip to Florida was much different to the first, my dibb planning was on top form and I researched EVERYTHING. We also didn't have the tight student budget, like 2009, and that trip certainly has paved the way for our wedding-moon one.

We're a very old before our time couple, but I rather like that. I love walks by the canal, and visiting National Trust properties. Sam enjoys spending time with Sev, and he'll just about get to the pub every now and again. Nights out don't come highly any more, and being back before midnight seems to be the thing we now do.
We enjoy our breaks and holidays, both working shifts mean little time to just "be together" and so having these get always can be lovely.
Sam is very much my best friend, I love that he makes me laugh every day, and I can talk to him about anything and he'll do anything for me.
[Passes the sick bucket!]

Thanks for reading along
Next time I'll be talking about our plans so far
Old 19 Jan 14, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Yay you finally started. Loving it so far - gorgeous photos
Old 19 Jan 14, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Loving this thread already!

How cute is severus? (And his name! )

You both look fab together and your engagement pics are great. Gotta love an October wedding

Looking forward to keeping up with your plans!

xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 14, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Looking forward to reading more of your plans fellow October bride
Yay! Thank you for reading along
Closed Thread