Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Feb 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
As travel home days go that didn’t sound too painful! Never a pleasant day though...
It was actually one of the better travel days we have had. I think doing it on a Wednesday made a world of difference in terms of how busy the airports were - or weren't - and it was nice to know we only had a day back at work before the weekend!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

I have loved reading your trip report! I am so sorry to hear about hero, sending you a big hug xxxx
Old 17 Apr 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We never do a park on check out day either, we’ll go for lunch at Disney Springs on the way to the airport but it’s always a sombre affair. I’m a miserable sod when I’m travelling always worried something is going to go wrong and I just want to get to the airport.

Argh I’m so jealous of your AKL mug, they were out of stock when we were there last year and it’s missing from my collection of resort mugs.

I didn’t realise before how much your black kitties look like my Teddy and Bear.

I am so, so sorry to hear about Hero. I cried reading your news, four is no age, it’s just not fair. You must miss him so much xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loubyloulou View Post
I have loved reading your trip report! I am so sorry to hear about hero, sending you a big hug xxxx
Thank you and thank you. So pleased you enjoyed the report.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We never do a park on check out day either, we’ll go for lunch at Disney Springs on the way to the airport but it’s always a sombre affair. I’m a miserable sod when I’m travelling always worried something is going to go wrong and I just want to get to the airport.

Argh I’m so jealous of your AKL mug, they were out of stock when we were there last year and it’s missing from my collection of resort mugs.

I didn’t realise before how much your black kitties look like my Teddy and Bear.

I am so, so sorry to hear about Hero. I cried reading your news, four is no age, it’s just not fair. You must miss him so much xxx
We’ve only done a park once on the last day and it was too much. We couldn’t enjoy it as we were worried about missing the bus to the airport.

The AKL mug is one of my faves. I save it to drink out of on a Saturday morning so I have happy holiday and weekend feels. Is that weird?

Thank you. I’m still not over it and it’s been six months. I miss him desperately x
Old 27 Jun 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Not weird to save the AK mug for Saturday mornings at all. I save the shower gel that I got in Bath & Body Works and used in Florida for weekends as it smells like holiday.

That was a really smooth last day, despite your epic lie in. I like that Andy was awake but just left you to sleep the morning away.

I 100% agree about MCO, considering the traffic it must see it is TERRIBLE, especially after security. There isn't even a pub or bar.

I know what you mean about California, my BF hates long flights so I think we'd have to do a split stay, maybe fly to the East Coast and stay a few days and then head on over to California. I flew to San Francisco with work and it felt like a neverending flight, I wanted a few films, read some of my book, had some food and we STILL weren't there. Urgh.

Love your mug collection, looks like they have changed Epcot and Magic Kingdom since we went.

Your sandwich from The Mara looks delicious, and another request for your salt, pepper and chilli chicken here.

Finally, poor baby Hero. He looks adorable and I am not surprised you are so sad about it.

Thanks so much for sharing your epic trip, I have particularly enjoyed all the odd people you encountered, you have a gift for making strange situations absolutely hilarious and I have been laughing out loud.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Not weird to save the AK mug for Saturday mornings at all. I save the shower gel that I got in Bath & Body Works and used in Florida for weekends as it smells like holiday.

That was a really smooth last day, despite your epic lie in. I like that Andy was awake but just left you to sleep the morning away.

I 100% agree about MCO, considering the traffic it must see it is TERRIBLE, especially after security. There isn't even a pub or bar.

I know what you mean about California, my BF hates long flights so I think we'd have to do a split stay, maybe fly to the East Coast and stay a few days and then head on over to California. I flew to San Francisco with work and it felt like a neverending flight, I wanted a few films, read some of my book, had some food and we STILL weren't there. Urgh.

Love your mug collection, looks like they have changed Epcot and Magic Kingdom since we went.

Your sandwich from The Mara looks delicious, and another request for your salt, pepper and chilli chicken here.

Finally, poor baby Hero. He looks adorable and I am not surprised you are so sad about it.

Thanks so much for sharing your epic trip, I have particularly enjoyed all the odd people you encountered, you have a gift for making strange situations absolutely hilarious and I have been laughing out loud.
Glad you understand about the weekend mug. I caught Andy using it on a weekday the other day and had to tell him off.

Florida is the longest flight either of us have ever done - unless you count one rather memorable flight to NYC on a geriatric plane which took over ten hours to get across the Atlantic. Ugh.

I will send you the chilli chicken recipe shortly!

Thank you for all the lovely comments - I am genuinely sorry for how long it has taken me to acknowledge them all. It is nice to dip back into the trip report though - I have been very absent from here.