Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Jun 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great updates. Lovely photos!

I love how at F&W, it is totally acceptable to photograph your food on top of a trash can

That cocktail really does look like floor cleaner

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great updates. Lovely photos!

I love how at F&W, it is totally acceptable to photograph your food on top of a trash can

That cocktail really does look like floor cleaner
LMAO - totally! Gotta get that food photo done!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so... very weird looking drink
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fantastic updates! I know I have said it before but I just love your F&W posts, I cant wait to sample all these delights!
Old 8 Jun 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant report, looking forward to more.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Banana Beach Cook-Out

Banana Beach Cook-Out at Aquatica

We bought the all day dining for Banana Beach Cook-Out which is an all-you-can-eat buffet. You are not allowed to take food or drink out of the area, but if you buy a refill cup you can. I can’t find the exact info on Aquatica’s site for the all day dining, so maybe things have changed now! I think it was $20 or $25 per person?

I completely forgot to take photos of the buffet at Banana Beach Cook- Out – but I do have one photo from our 2013 trip!. The food include American favourites like mac ‘n’ cheese, hot dogs, pizza, pulled pork, as well as pasta, salads, chicken drumsticks, fruit, and desserts. The food is nothing fancy, but tastes good, and considering you can go round the buffet as many times as you want it’s good value for money.

Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse

After a fun day at Aquatica we dropped Chris and Meg back at their Resort – All Stars Movies – and we headed home to Poly, all to freshen up and go out for dinner that evening. Everyone fancied steak, so we took them to our favourite, Longhorn Steakhouse on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. It’s pretty much in front of the Super Target at Rolling Oaks.

When we arrived it was super busy, and we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. The younglings wanted booze, but Meg had forgotten to bring her ID and she couldn’t get the drink she was after. Chris however, had brought his so he was a-ok with a beer. As the driver, I stuck to iced tea, as did Steve – we love the stuff!

We decided to go straight for the steak and didn’t bother with an appetizer (or a dessert for that matter). You receive a bread service – gratis – so that served as a starter, along with the side salad that is included with your meal. You can choose between Caesar Salad or a Mixed Green Salad. My personal favourite is a Caesar, so I know for sure I would have ordered that.

As for steaks, my bro went for the T-Bone, I had a Sirloin, and the other two had a Flat Iron Steak. They come with a standard side with choices like loaded baked potato, mash, rice, sweet potato, or fries. I had mash, Steve had fries, and I think Meg may have had a sweet potato – I really don’t remember! There isn’t much to tell other than they were good steaks! We yummed those up!

We paid the bill here as Chris and Meg had paid for the cabana and a few other things during the day. We enjoy Longhorn Steakhouse, and recommend it if you are looking for some good steak in the Kissimmee/Davenport area.

Longhorn Steakhouse

Main Course...

Me: Renegade Sirloin 8oz – Lean, fresh and grilled to order. Top USDA choice sirloin generously seasoned with a secret blend of spices, then grilled to perfection. Served with your choice of side. ($15.49)

Him: Flat Iron Steak 8oz – Marinated in house. Served with your choice of side. ($14.49)

Chris: Fire-Grilled T-Bone – Two great cuts in one steak. A combination of the tenderness and delicate flavor of the filet and the richly marbled Strip, 16 oz. Served with choice of side. ($25.49)

Meg: Flat Iron Steak 8oz – Marinated in house. Served with your choice of side. ($14.49)

I only took photos of mine and Steve’s steak – because the other two are not used to me taking photos of food! However, I’ve raided my brother’s Facebook albums, and found a photo of his T-Bone – food is never really consumed unless it is snapped and put on Facebook?!

Longhorns Steakhouse, W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy

Bill: $83.43 + Tax: $5.85 + Tip: $15.00 = $104.28
TiW Discount: $N/A

Total paid: $104.28

Old 20 Jun 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Dippin' Dots

Dippin' Dots

I declared that we must get a Dippin’ Dots because they are awesome! Each cup is filled with little balls of ice cream, and in some flavours, crushed up cookies. I bought the Cookies & Cream flavour ($7.45), and it was lush! You can’t buy Dippin’ Dots at Disney…but I think you can get them at the Universal Parks.

Old 20 Jun 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Seafire Inn

Seafire Inn

Everyone was hungry by now, so we decided to find somewhere for lunch – there was no thought process, and as we wandered about, we happened to pick SeaFire Inn.

The photo of the outside of the restaurant, which is a quick service/counter service type is from our first trip in 2011! I didn’t have any from this one!

Whilst it didn’t seem like there was much seating inside, there was a whole other section towards the back. There was outdoor seating too. The experience was a bit rubbish in here to be honest. The guys lined up for food, while Meg and I looked for somewhere to sit. It felt chaotic, and the service at the counter was really slow. Once you get your food there is a station with cutlery, napkins, and condiments.

Now, I can’t seem to find any information about Seafire Inn on the SeaWorld website, however, it looks like it has been renamed Seafire Grill. The menu appears to be the same.

Seafire Inn »

Main Course…

Me: Seafire Cuban Sandwich – Ham, Pork, Swiss Cheese, Pickles, Mayonnaise, and Mustard ($9.99)

Him: Seafire’s Famous Fajitas– Our fajitas are served with Rice, Beans, Grilled Peppers and Onions, Salsa and Warm Tortillas. ($12.99)

Steve had a combo of chicken and steak for his fajitas. I think the other two also got the fajitas. If a Cuban sandwich is on the menu, I’ll always go for it! My sandwich came with fries. The food was okay, but nothing to write home about.

Seafire Inn, SeaWorld

Bill: $22.98 + Tax: $15.50 + Tip: $0 = $24.48

Total paid: $24.48

Old 20 Jun 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze

We dropped Chris and Meg off at their resort, and we went back to Poly to freshen up. We then picked them up for dinner, and I suggested Bahama Breeze as it’s one of our favourite offsite restaurants. Once again, no recent photograph of the outside, but here is one from 2011. The one we always go to is on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.

We had a brief wait before being shown to a table out on the patio – it made a change to be outside. While waiting, Chris, Meg and I had a virgin cocktail each and they were a lot more filling that you realise! We passed on a starter, and went straight for the main course. That said, Steve did order a bowl of the seafood chowder which is really good.

Bahama Breeze

Starters...
Him: Cup of Bahamian Seafood Chowder – Classic creamy chowder with shellfish and vegetables. ($3.99)

Main Course...

Me: Coconut Shrimp Tacos – Flour tortillas filled with crispy coconut shrimp, tomato salsa, Sriracha aioli and cabbage-jicama slaw. ($10.49)
with a cup of Chicken Tortilla Soup – Chicken breast, fresh carrots, roasted corn and avocado in a light broth with a hint of lime. ($3.99)

Him: Jamaican Jerk Chicken – Half chicken marinated and rubbed with authentic jerk seasonings and roasted, served with yellow rice, black beans and ripe plantains. ($16.49)

Chris: Coconut Shrimp – Our famous large crispy shrimp with yellow rice and fresh broccoli. ($16.99)

I can tell you from experience that the service is always great, and the food always tastes good. Tonight was no exception. I had the Coconut Shrimp Tacos which were so, so good! I also had a cup of the Chicken Tortilla Soup on the side, which is yummy too. Steve had the Jamaican Jerk Chicken, which we’ve had as an appetizer in the past, and has a good spicy kick to it. The reason I have a photo of my brother’s food is because he took a photo of it for Facebook, so I thought I would include it too. I can vouch that the Bahama Breeze Coconut Shrimp is delicious!

Drinks...

Me: Virgin Piña Colada – A frozen tropical favorite made with Coco López and pineapple juice. ($4.29)

Chris: Virgin Bahamarita – Our signature frozen margarita made with kiwi, strawberry and mango ices. ($4.29)

Meg: Virgin Ultimate Pineapple – Enjoy our frozen Ultimate Pineapple made with piña colada and strawberry ice in a freshly cut pineapple. ($7.99)

Chris: Shark Attack Flight – These rum-filled cocktails will transport you to the neighborhood places islanders gather. ($9.79)

I love a Piña Colada, but as the driver, I rarely drink. The virgin cocktails at Bahama Breeze really do hit the spot, and they look fab too!

The rum cocktail’s in the flight were:

Painkiller – Pusser’s Dark Rum, Cream of Coconut, Pineapple and Orange Juice, with Freshly Ground Nutmeg.

Zombie – Bacardi Black and Barbanscourt Rums with Peach Schnapps and Shrunken Head Stirrer.

Yaka Hula Hickey Dula – Riesling, Bacardi Black Rum and Pineapple Juice shaken and served with Fresh Pineapple.

Bahama Breeze, W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy 192

Bill: $41.25 + Tax: $2.89 + Tip: $5.86 = $44.14

Total paid: $50.00

We had the check split in two so we could pay for our respective meals. I do love how the American restaurants are ready for this sort of thing. It's always so much faff in the UK!
Old 26 Jul 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Oasis Bar & Grill » Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

For food and drink while at the pool you’ve got the Oasis Bar & Grill which if you look at the panoramic photo above is pretty much in the middle of the picture, under the canopy. They serve tasty favourites like fish tacos, kalua pork sliders and Polynesian-themed burgers, along with tropical cocktails, wine, Hawaiian beer and assorted beverages. You can also fill up your resort mug (if you have bought one, or are on a Disney Dining Plan) at the machine just to the right of Oasis Bar & Grill.

We had a few cocktails and a spot of lunch, but strangely for me, I don’t appear to have any photographs of the food that we ate. I have photos of the cocktails though! I had a burger and a Lava Flow cocktail (a fancy Piña Colada!), and Steve had fish tacos and a Captain’s Mai Tai.

Starters...

Me: Teriyaki-Glazed Angus Chuck Burger – topped with Pork Belly and Grilled Pineapple. Served with choice of French Fries or Green Cabbage Slaw ($13.49)

Him: Grilled Sustainable Fish Tacos – Cumin-spice with crunchy Cabbage and Cilantro-Lime Crema ($12.99)

Drinks...

Me: Lava Flow – Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum blended with Cream of Coconut, Pineapple Juice, and Strawberry Purée ($9.50)

Him: Captain’s Mai Tai – Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto, and Tropical Juices topped with a float of Myer’s Original Dark Rum ($10)

Bill: $45.98 + Tax: $2.99 + Tip: $9 = $57.97
TiW Discount: $0N/A

Total paid: $57.97