Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Nov 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

Day 12- Las Vegas

We didn't have any real plans for today apart from exploring the strip. We had breakfast in America in New York New York. They have an amazing map of the USA on the wall and it was good for DS to see how far across the country we'd travelled. It was also good for a spot of next trip planning! (Somewhere without mosquitoes preferably!)

After breakfast we set off towards the Excalibur where DS and DH had a good time in the arcade. We then visited Luxor and Mandalay Bay before working our way back up the strip. DS had one target in mind - M and M world. The smell as you walked in was unbelievable and DS was in seventh heaven! We managed to leave without purchasing too much chocolate but must have been in there for 30 minutes at least! We explored the Miracle Mile shops for a bit before hunger set in and we decided on Earl of Sandwich. Now I have read so many WDW trip reports which feature Earl of Sandwich and I was really looking forward to trying it. We weren't disappointed. DS had tomato soup which he'd been wanting for a while so he was happy and our sandwiches were spot on. But the best part was hazelnut creamer. I didn't even know that existed! So yummy.

Feeling better after food we headed back to our room. We were allowed to use one of the pools at the Cosmopolitant after a quick recce we gathered our swimming clothes and headed to their rooftop pool. It was really good to chill out with a beer and splash around in the water. This was the only place we encountered lacklustre service. The bartender didn't even acknowledge I'd paid him and had a bad attitude. I wish I hadn't tipped him!

The pool was pleasant, although the the water was quite cloudy. We stayed for an hour or so before heading back to change. It was while we were back in our room that DS told me he'd seen a little boy swimming with a cloud of yellow water around him! No wonder the water was cloudy!

DH wanted DS to see the Venetian so we walked there. It was very hot still and DS was flagging. His legs were hurting too so none of us were particularly happy when we finally got there. DS started complaining he was hungry and would only eat Subway. So there we were, in the Venetian watching DS eat a kids subway meal. We decided we needed to cut our losses and find something for us to eat back at the room but all the supermarket places didn't sell much you could eat as a meal. I was that fed up at this point that I almost considered hailing a taxi to take us back. We slowly (and hungrily) made our way back to the Jockey Suites. Our mood was lifted at the Bellagio when DS's favourite song, Uptown Funk, began. DS and DH returned whilst I headed to CVS a bit further down the strip to try and find something for dinner. I was only after a pizza to put in the oven but no luck. I think I made do with rice crispies and DH had nothing!

Not a great end to our time in Vegas really. Although we were glad we had come back I think we both realised that we won't be coming back until DS is a lot older.

Tomorrow: Disneyland!

Edited at 11:44 PM.
fillmore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List