Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Jan 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ANSVLS
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Sporting Event - August 2018

We are heading to Florida again this year but are having a year off from The Mouse and planning to try out some of the other sights and attractions that the area has to offer. UOR, Busch Gdns, SeaWorld & KSC are all in the plan.

Some friends are also staying at the same resort (Balmoral near Haines City).

We both have 15yo boys (together with 11yo and 13yo daughters).

We've been thinking that the kids (esp. the boys) might enjoy going to see a sporting event.

We are there from 11th - 25th August.

Does anyone know of sports that might be on at that time of year that we could go to see?

A
ANSVLS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi baseball and American football should be in season, check the web sites.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Orlando city fc are at home to Atlanta on the 24th and if you fancy baseball Tampa bay Rays have home games from the 20th to the 26th both are a good day/evening out.
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
As with above post
a night at Orlando City is a great night out -

Tampa Bay Rays for Major League Baseball is great too - a bit of a drive out from Haines City but worth the effort.

Their August fixtures are here

There is also another Baseball option which is not too far from Haines City - Lakeland Flying Tigers are a manageable night out. They are also remarkable cheap and have a range of superb promotions that can mean for very cheap beer or food. The cost of a game are much less too.

They have not issued fixtures for 2018 just yet but their website is here

Failing all of these options there is always the mini golf option

Hope the info helps

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ANSVLS
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies folks. I think we'll look into the two baseball teams mentioned. I'm not a big fan of soccer but will see what the boys think.
ANSVLS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

The Florida Fire Frogs who play in Kissimmee could be another option for you -

milb/schedule/index.j...503&m=8&y=2018
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

Hi - just joined so forgive me for jumping in - anyone know of any basketball taking place in August ? My DD is a big fan of the Surrey Scorchers and I thought it would be nice to show her some proper stuff !
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sussex Bantam View Post
Hi - just joined so forgive me for jumping in - anyone know of any basketball taking place in August ? My DD is a big fan of the Surrey Scorchers and I thought it would be nice to show her some proper stuff !
If you look at the Orlando Magic web site, you will see that the main basketball season runs from Oct to April.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List