Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Jan 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DEB34
Earning More Ears

Mobile Daytona 500 Race

Hi

Has anyone been to the Daytona 500 race and has any tips please? I am staying at international drive and was going to drive there but have just checked the parking and they want $60 to park.

Is it better to book transportation from the hotel?

Any advice would be great if anyone has done the coach pick up and also what time are you back? Thanks
DEB34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We went last year we parked in one of the hotel car parks which were advertising on the day parking it was $20 it was the first one we came too and it was fantastic come home time as they directed us out the service entrance which took us right on to the road out to go home
The food at the stadium is actually really good and not way over he top in price
Tips
Sun cream Hats sun glasses and water loads of
Ear plugs if near the front
Get there early we left the villa at 7am
Off site eaterys are busy we ate breakfast in Panera Bread
If buying merchandise give yourself loads of time to browse it's rammed
And be prepared for everybody to ask you where you are from if they hear you talking
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

I will be going for the first time this year and can't wait as I have been wanting to to since I sat in the cinema watching Days of thunder! cheesy I know LOL. I paid for the $60 car parking! Travel out on the 14th via Gatwick with BA.

Anymore advise would be great.

Thanks
Bazza
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

The ‘Fanzone’ is a great addition to your race day. You can get up close to the cars, drivers, see the concert from the infield etc

Details here:

daytonainternationalspeed...H-Fanzone.aspx
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

I'm out for the 500 this year to, and really can't wait. I have been to Homestead for the final round of the Championship a couple of times before, but this is the Daytona 500!

This is really a bucket list thing for me, and I wouldn't let the $60 to park the car put me off that is for sure.

A NASCAR event really is a complete show, right from walking through the gate until leaving, I'm sure you won't regret doing it.
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List