Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Jan 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Suggestions on number of nights

Hi all

We currently have 1 night in Key Largo on arrival, then 3 nights in Key West, 2 nights in Naples and 5 nights in AMI.

We are wondering whether to change to 4 nights in Key West and 1 night in Naples or 4 + 6 nights in AMI.

Are 4 nights in KW too many?

Should we keep our nights in Naples?
Im not sure i can be bothered with just 1 night in Naples 😐😐

Any thoughts/Suggestions?

Katie

Edited at 11:53 PM.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Depends what you want to do and see in each place and how much you like packing and unpacking.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

The longest we spent in Key West was 3 nights and that is long enough from my perspective. Naples is nice so I would want to do more than 1 night there.
Old 28 Jan 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

I'd be splitting the 11 nights with Naples and AMI. Far more relaxing.

Do you really want to go to the Keys and AMI in the same trip?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by paulfaz View Post

We did exactly that in 2016 and the travelling wasn't that bad, 3 nights Key West, 1 night Naples and five nights AMI. Unless the OP is going to arrive late in Key Largo I would skip that and do 3 nights KW, 3 nights Naples and 5 nights AMI.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by paulfaz View Post

Hi

Yes we do 😉😉. KW is new to us and we love AMI.

We fly into Fort Lauderdale so are staying in Key Largo - had originally thought we'd drive straight down but this way we can stop on the way the following day without rushing/being tired etc.

We had originally booked just 2 nights in the keys but don't think we'd be able to fit it all in so dropped a night at Naples.

I really hate packing/unpacking so I'll just have to sort stuff out differently for this trip!

It seems like 3/2/5 is the way to go. Don't really want less nights at AMI.

Katie c

Edited at 03:36 PM.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

I think your original plan sounds good, personally. I haven't stayed at any of those places - yet - except AMI, but we're planning a similar mini road trip in August.

We have 1 night in Miami in arrival, then 3 nights in Marathon, 4 nights Naples, up to Indian Shores for a bit (same place we've been before and love it) then 2 nights Sanibel on the way back down to Miami airport.

Have you considered using packing cubes for this trip?
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by NLB View Post
I think your original plan sounds good, personally. I haven't stayed at any of those places - yet - except AMI, but we're planning a similar mini road trip in August.

We have 1 night in Miami in arrival, then 3 nights in Marathon, 4 nights Naples, up to Indian Shores for a bit (same place we've been before and love it) then 2 nights Sanibel on the way back down to Miami airport.

Have you considered using packing cubes for this trip?
Sounds like you have a fab trip planned 😁😁

I actually do have some packing cubes but they don't usually fit the way we travel- I split everything in half in case we lose a case 😐😐😐

Im going to seriously have another look at them - i really don't want to have to root through cases for a night here and 2 nights there!

Katie
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

Personally, I use large Ikea grip seal bags, putting one complete outfit in each - trainer socks, shorts, pants, t-shirt - for the children. Each child has a different colour pattern on their bag so they know whose is whose. I put a few of each in our 3 cases, like you, in case a case goes missing.

It saves me the stress of all 3 of them coming to me in the morning asking what to wear, I can easily see when we need to do washing, I know no-one is wearing clashing colours/patterns , and packing is just a matter of dealing the bags like cards, into the cases. If you squeeze the air out before sealing them up, they pack pretty flat and the clothes don't move inside so stay neatly folded.

I put flip flops/shoes in a large packing cube, swimwear in another, all electrical charging bits in another. It does make it much easier when 5 of us are living out of 3 suitcases with a mix of our clothes in all of them!
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pos69xxx
Excited about Disney

Did similar type of trip last year, 3 nights was enough for us in Key West.Naples was lovely so I would try to fit at least 2 nights in.
Kissimmee May 2018-New York Washington July 2018
pos69xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List