Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Feb 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had the same problems trying to book the multi storey for last October. We ended up paying for two bookings to cover the period. We have used it many times before, when we returned our car was covered in thick dust. It had also been damaged, and to be honest the customer service we received was dire. We had used T1 multi storey in May with no problems and got a great place to park. Sadly that wasn't our experience in October. Might be worth checking to see what building work is planned in that area before booking.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We had the same problems trying to book the multi storey for last October. We ended up paying for two bookings to cover the period. We have used it many times before, when we returned our car was covered in thick dust. It had also been damaged, and to be honest the customer service we received was dire. We had used T1 multi storey in May with no problems and got a great place to park. Sadly that wasn't our experience in October. Might be worth checking to see what building work is planned in that area before booking.
Doesn't sound good. If we go for the two bookings it will cost £190! As we are in Liverpool it may just be easier to get a taxi transfer and hope we don't get a chatty guy for on the way back when we're jet lagged and too tired to talk
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Same problem so book the airports meet and greet service. Seemed to be the next best option.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Same problem so book the airports meet and greet service. Seemed to be the next best option.
Have you used it before, was it any good? You hear such horror stories although I guess your car could just as easily get scratched or a door opened into it in the short stay carpark. We only have an astra nothing fancy
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Have you used it before, was it any good? You hear such horror stories although I guess your car could just as easily get scratched or a door opened into it in the short stay carpark. We only have an astra nothing fancy
You can use third party off airport providers and they are the ones with the bad stories.

If you use the Manchester Airports own meet and greet I believe they store the car in one of their own onsite car parks and your going to have much more come back if there is any issues.

I haven't used it before but I read up on it as I had the same concerns and this is what I found. Fingers crossed
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
If you use the Manchester Airports own meet and greet I believe they store the car in one of their own onsite car parks and your going to have much more come back if there is any issues.

I haven't used it before but I read up on it as I had the same concerns and this is what I found. Fingers crossed
We used Manchester Airports own M&G for a trip to Europe last year and although things have changed somewhat from even the year before the system last year was as follows:

You drive in to the M&G car park through a covered "car wash type area" where your car is photographed/videoed (I presume for pre-existing damage).

You area then directed to park in a lane of cars (a bit like waiting for the ferry). You unload your car and take you keys to a cabin type building on the way to the terminal.

Your car is then driven to a parking lot (ours had less than 2 miles on the clock).

On your return you go back to the office, show the required paperwork (Driving license, Parking Ticket/Key Receipt they give you before you departed), tell you the area of the car park your car is parked in, check your car for damage and if your happy off you go.

In short it's simple and convenient. Yes the car is moved but its the parking company that move it, so if damage occurs it can only be them. They know that people use their phone camera to photograph the speedo nowadays so it hardly likely to be used as a taxi.

The advantage is that the car is dropped off and returned to the terminal and is in their care throughout, so if anything untoward happens you know who to blame. Unlike a self park were any clown can damage your car and then drive away.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
We used Manchester Airports own M&G for a trip to Europe last year and although things have changed somewhat from even the year before the system last year was as follows:

You drive in to the M&G car park through a covered "car wash type area" where your car is photographed/videoed (I presume for pre-existing damage).

You area then directed to park in a lane of cars (a bit like waiting for the ferry). You unload your car and take you keys to a cabin type building on the way to the terminal.

Your car is then driven to a parking lot (ours had less than 2 miles on the clock).

On your return you go back to the office, show the required paperwork (Driving license, Parking Ticket/Key Receipt they give you before you departed), tell you the area of the car park your car is parked in, check your car for damage and if your happy off you go.

In short it's simple and convenient. Yes the car is moved but its the parking company that move it, so if damage occurs it can only be them. They know that people use their phone camera to photograph the speedo nowadays so it hardly likely to be used as a taxi.

The advantage is that the car is dropped off and returned to the terminal and is in their care throughout, so if anything untoward happens you know who to blame. Unlike a self park were any clown can damage your car and then drive away.
Thanks, this sounds good, I'll run it by DH as we will be in his car as my polo won't hold all the luggage.
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There is definitely something going on with Manchester Airport at the moment and it has been happening since mid last year. I have tried to book parking for our trip at the end of September and the only car parks available are two jet parks and the meet and greet. It seems weird that none of the multi story or long stay's are available in September.

I suspect this is due to the construction going on at Manchester as last year I had to amend a booking around September for a December departure and it was giving really limited options then too. Around 6 weeks before we were due to leave suddenly all parking options were available again.

I personally have booked one of the Jet Parks and added cancellation protection in the hope that the T2 long stay or multi story become available later.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List