Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Feb 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

You don't have to buy tickets in advance, but it can be cheaper planning in advance. I didn't have to specify the date of use when I bought my tickets (attraction tickets direct I think). I bought them when there was a special offer adults for kids price £25 so keep an eye out for a deal.

We did spend nearly all day, and my 11 yr old daughter wasn't bored at all. agree that no extra is needed for a first visit as plenty included. we also did the bus tour out to Saturn v as early as poss, and then made our way round the rest.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with the previous comments. KSC is one of the best places to visit for me. There is enough for a full day - don't bother with the extra costs tours, there is plenty to see without them (but you do need to do the tour included in the admission, as that is where all the moon stuff is).
Get there early for opening. Perhaps leave about 5pm or so and pop down to Cocoa Beach to see the sea/beach and have dinner before heading back - which provides something different for others as well. There's a pier.
You can buy tickets on the gate on the day, or online via the KSC web site, or through third party ticket agents.

Edited at 11:40 PM. Reason: addition
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much for all the information, it really is appreciated.
Old 10 Feb 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
I agree with the previous comments. KSC is one of the best places to visit for me. There is enough for a full day - don't bother with the extra costs tours, there is plenty to see without them (but you do need to do the tour included in the admission, as that is where all the moon stuff is).
Get there early for opening. Perhaps leave about 5pm or so and pop down to Cocoa Beach to see the sea/beach and have dinner before heading back - which provides something different for others as well. There's a pier.
You can buy tickets on the gate on the day, or online via the KSC web site, or through third party ticket agents.
We're looking at doing KSC this year like the idea of popping down to cocoa beach, how for is this from the space centre? And how long to get back to Sunset lakes villas?
Thanks
Old 10 Feb 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Although its not that far, it probably took us around half an hour between ksc and cocoa. I cant answer your second question though.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I did this last year - booked a tour through Viator (tour was operated by Florida Dolphin tours), mainly as I didn't have a car so needed transportation to KSC! They pick up from several hotels (the hotel in WDW is the Swan) with their main departure point being Rosen Inn at Pointe.

I'd say it's a full day thing - there really is plenty to see/do there and I spent a full day there but still missed out on a few minor things. If I rushed through I probably could have done it in half a day though, but would have missed out on even more stuff!

What is nice about KSC is that it doesn't get too crowded. Last year I went on a Saturday (which was one of the highest predicted crowd days of my trip) and KSC was still nice and fairly empty, so it made for a rather nice relaxed day there.
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You say that you are not interested but honestly- the place is awesome.

Brilliant- the highlight of our last holiday.

Wouldn’t it be nicer for a day out for all of you? 🚀🛰🚀
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Berkogal
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We visited the KSC three years ago. Two teens and a husband who were not too bothered. We expected to spend an hour or so there and then head off to the beach.

In the end, we spent over four hours there.

My big piece of advice is get up early so that you can take the bus tour onsite early in the day. We had a great commentary from the old boy driving who knew everything about the site and launches. We passed the famous NASA buildings, got pretty close to the Space X launch pads and then visited the main Saturn V centre which is stunning. Then back to the Space shuttle Centre.

Really inspiring.
Berkogal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List