Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile All booked, now what?

Hi there , I have ages until my holiday, flights and hotel booked along with 14 day tickets to Disney and universal, just sorting passports then estas.

As this will be my first visit there are quite a few things I’m unsure of like fast passes, do I need to purchase them / are they part of the ticket?
What are magic bands? Do I need these?
I’ve read about people booking campsites to get magic bands.
Can anyone list things I need to book and do and can anyone recommend any sites to book air boat 🚤 rides, horse 🐎 riding, things like this that I can book and pay in advance through reputable sites.

Thank you 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

A good start would be the Dibb guide book, easier to find from the desktop version of the site if you're currently using a phone.
There's lots of accurate and detailed information.

Good luck, happy planning.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
make sure you holiday insurance covers the horse riding it may be an add in
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Fast passes can be booked at 30 days out, unless you are staying in site then I'm pretty sure it's 60 (don't quote me, someone else will be able to confirm). They are included in your ticket.

If you are staying in site your magic band is included, off site you will have to purchase, they are so much easier than the tickets, imo, we will be purchasing ours on our first day.

And don't forget if you want to book any meals then you can do that at 180 days out.

Happy planning

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks where do you purchase magic bands and how much, staying off site.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by flossy0115 View Post
Thanks where do you purchase magic bands and how much, staying off site.
There are some at MCO at the Disney store (limited designs) but we'll be getting ours at MK, the first store you come to has loads, plain and disney designs. Think they range from $12.99 to $25, but don't quote me on those prices. Take a look at disneystore.com they have them on there.

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Hi,
You can do horse riding at Fort Wilderness $55 for 45 minutes, all the info is on the official Disney site under sport and recreation.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You couldn't do better than going to the menu on the right of this page and start reading.
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Felstead141
VIP Dibber

Felstead141's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive bought my magic bands on eBay off a seller called *disney*vinyls* used him a few times all new in boxes and quick delivery to the uk. Would definitely recommend if wanting to purchase before you go.
Felstead141 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I would sort passports out sooner rather than later because as soon as you get your passports sorted you can do your estas. In the unlikely event that your esta application is unsuccessful you will have to apply for a visa which can take months and months.
We stayed offsite but still got magic bands (think they were about $12) as it was just so much easier when entering the park plus if you have memory maker included in your tickets they (photographers) can just zap your band. We bought ours at Disney Springs before our first day at the parks.

If you are planning on eating onsite at any of the parks or in the resorts you could start to check out places you would like to eat as you can book these from 180 days out. You don’t need to be a guest at WDW to eat at their resorts.

Hope that helps a little.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List