Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Has anyone preordered from carlos bakery Florida mall?

Its my husbands birthday while we are away and I want to surprise him by getting him a carlos bakery cake and few taster bits as he loves the show.
Has anyone preordered from them in the mall? is it easy? Worth going to etc?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been to the one in Vegas and tbh it was just ok, no better than any other bakery but not cheap.. Was about $5 for a cupcake.

Thing is its only normal bakers, Its not Carlos or his family doing any of the baking.

I've had my birthday in the USA several times and some of the best cakes I've had have been from Walmart and Publix.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have to agree with DB , we have been to the one in Vegas and the one in NYC and both times they were not good. Their icing was almost sour tasting (even the normal one , not the cream cheese one) and the cannolies were foul. However , we have had great cakes from the supermarkets
Old 12 Feb 17, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post

We went once wouldn't go again.
Old 12 Feb 17, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to the one in Orlando last year and it was ok. We chose a selection of goodies, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, canoli, and a few other things. I am a home baker so love cake of any kind haha but I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the products. Dont get me wrong, to go and have a look and a few tastes made my day but I wont be rushing back this year. In the shop in Orlando though they do sell books, tshirts, mugs and other bits and bobs
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We bought them in May this year cost nearly $50 and that night we started with a vomiting bug, what was left went in the bin probably coincidence but we weren't taking chances as too rich.

Edited at 08:23 AM.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I did preorder last year for my daughters birthday. The process is easy and you just go to the pick up area at the time you stated you would like to pick up.
I have to say though it wasn't the best cake we've had and most of it ended up in the bin.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Have to agree with the others. My MIL loves the show so we bought about $50 worth of a variety of their cakes. 2 cupcakes were just ok the others were really not worth the money at all.
We picked up a $12 birthday cake in Walmart and it was 100% better!

If you're visiting Florida Mall I'd go and buy a cupcake or something for the experience but definitely wouldn't buy anyone a birthday cake from there sadly.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
livlass
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We visited in April, we bought a selection of cakes, a cupcake, canollis, a cookie, lobster tail and a few other things. The only decent one was the lobster tail, that was delicious the rest was average, not worth the cost, I've had nicer in Sayers.
livlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I've heard from a few people that it's not very good but totally understand why you want something from there if he likes the show. Amorette's in Disney Springs have the best cakes I've ever eaten in the States. We had the signature cake (the mini one) and were really surprised. It was excellent. Too cold though so we did wait for it to warm up a bit.

Carlos seems to be seriously overhyped like ChoccyWoccyDooDah. The chocolate craft might be impressive but the cakes are terrible
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List