Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jan 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by 0420wilmut View Post
You're right - what a laugh 😂 - £787! Doesn't
come anywhere close to Virgin! Hey though, another £4 - at this rate, you'll be paying nothing!
Hopefully! The bad news is my Amex bill hits in 2 days and I will have 2 x car bookings on it and no refunds back yet. Hey ho it's only money. £4 is not to be sniffed at, that's half a glass of wine in WDW.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheers Tom , have a great holiday!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
I hesitate to ask... I've booked through Dollar. SUV 13 days £360. It seems like a great deal but are Dollar any good?
I'll jump in and place a word a warning regarding tolls.

be very wary that Dollar has a very expensive toll scheme.
you need to either take it or decline it at time of pick up

if you take it, they will bill you for $104.98 for the toll program (as you have 13 days = 2 weeks)
this fee includes the toll price, so you can use any toll without further cost. You just pay a flat $104.98 wether you use tolls or not.

if you don't take the scheme, you'll pay $10 per toll + toll

check conditions here sunpass/rentalcar and if you don't opt-in, make sure you don't cross an unmanned toll, or a $100 bill goes flapping out of your wallet.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

be very wary that Dollar has a very expensive toll scheme.
you need to either take it or decline it at time of pick up

if you take it, they will bill you for $104.98 for the toll program (as you have 13 days = 2 weeks)
this fee includes the toll price, so you can use any toll without further cost. You just pay a flat $104.98 wether you use tolls or not.

check conditions here sunpass/rentalcar and if you don't opt-in, make sure you don't cross an unmanned toll, or a $100 bill goes flapping out of your wallet.
You've just made me even more glad I checked as the rental with Netflights was with Dollar. We are going to be driving a lot round Miami and there are a lot of unmanned tolls round there! Last time Alamo just billed us the flat rate for going through them and we paid the rest in cash.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

Last time we were there. April '17 we simply avoided the unmanned tolls and paid cash or card. We didn't seem to have any issues. Surely if we avoid the sun pass booths we'll be fine? Or have I missed something?
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Last time we were there. April '17 we simply avoided the unmanned tolls and paid cash or card. We didn't seem to have any issues. Surely if we avoid the sun pass booths we'll be fine? Or have I missed something?
As long as you know where the automatic tolls are - around Miami there are now loads of autotolls on the gantry that get charged to your numberplate.

We didn't see any of these around Orlando though.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
As long as you know where the automatic tolls are - around Miami there are now loads of autotolls on the gantry that get charged to your numberplate.

We didn't see any of these around Orlando though.
OK...cool...so as long as we stick to the manned or cash toll gates we should be OK. Thanks for the clarification.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

OK...cool...so as long as we stick to the manned or cash toll gates we should be OK. Thanks for the clarification.
No worries - they looked like they were replacing them all over the place round Miami so I do wonder if they’ll start making their way up to Orlando eventually...
Old 10 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well done. My Wife likes your trip reports, and Mrs Pumba as well. She won't post sadly!.
Glad she enjoys them.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List