Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Feb 18, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Alamo - car seat

We are debating if to carry our car seat or just rent one.

We have skip the counter and there doesn't seem to be away of adding on a car seat now. If we want to do it will we have to go to the counter to do it now on arrival.

Does anyone know if they can provide the booster with a back - style car seat. Kid will be 4.

Cheers
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Carry your own, the hire car ones can be in a disgusting state and you don’t know their history, dropped, damaged, etc. For the price it costs to hire you could easily buy a few in Walmart.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

You can add on a booster seat when you do the online check in. $70 plus tax and airport charge so works out at circa $82. Can't comment on the quality as we use a BubbleBum to get us away from the airport and then pickup a high back booster seat from WalMart for $30.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Our UK seat isn't legal in the USA. I would imagine the travel insurance would have a field day in the result of traffic accident if we needed coverage. Hence the question...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thats interesting... what seat do you have? I would have thought our seats would exceed US regs, considering they think its safe for 6 yr olds to be in a vehicle without any type of child seat.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Recaro Monza Nova

I emailed Recaro and they said no.
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We are thinking about buying this.

houseoffraser/kids...tsi d%3a45095

Looks a good long term travel option and its sold in the USA so should be no issue. Saves me lugging car seat around as well. Kid can carry

Edited at 01:04 AM.
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Most of the UK seats are not USA (FMVSS) approved as they are only rated to EU standards (ECE R44).

The EU standards are in fact higher than the usa standards so from a seat point of view, they tend to be safer.

We always take our own seats and use them.

Edited at 01:00 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Most of the UK seats are not USA (FMVSS) approved as they are only rated to EU standards (ECE R44).

The EU standards are in fact higher than the usa standards so from a seat point of view, they tend to be safer.
But still illegal in the USA... and while I couldn't give a monkeys about a USA traffic cop giving me a fine... I am worried about my travel insurance not paying out if I am involved in a serious accident.

I also can't find any information on how it will affect my travel insurance. eekk
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Alamo supply this seat for the age you are talking about.

However if it was me I would take my own. In fact we did this last August for our Granddaughter.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:23 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List