Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Book your own holiday and tell everyone the dates. If they want to be there the same time great let them sort it out. Get everyone on whatsapp then you can tell them your own plans. They can either meet up with you or make their own plans. Don't let everyone expect you to organize them. Give them the basics and let them do it.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

All I can say with that is Good luck!

p.s let us know when you decide and we can avoid the parks you are in that day!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

If getting free dining if each group books separately they will all get the $200 gift card assuming that is offered this year.
Robsie71 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been away as a group of 12 with my family, which was lovely because we only met up for a couple of meals. With a diverse range of ages and interests, it works for us to do things apart. Everyone spends so much money on a Florida holiday, you need to be selfish and please yourself.

We've been away with my in-laws too as a group of 14. We spent every waking moment together and it was hideous. I'm sure I spent half the time outside a toilet waiting for someone. The next time they mentioned joining us, we moved our accommodation from Saratoga Springs to the Beach Club, just to out price them. Mean maybe, but we got the holiday we wanted.
Bethyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

In addition to all of the other advice. The different family groups need to hire their own transport. That way if somebody can't get out of bed in the morning all of you wont be held up. Give everybody a copy of your itinerary and tell them which days that you are happy for them to join you inside the parks.
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

On top of all the info above, I would add that if you wanted to do a park together and do some rides together maybe look at an 'extra cost' option such as one of the tours at Epcot or Magic Kingdom, or maybe one of the private safaris at Animal Kingdom.

That way it is an organised activity that no one is 'in charge' of, you'll be able to experience a park together but as part of a guided tour with access to rides but without the someone wanting a snack/loo/shop all the time issue as it is a tour.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

No don't do it!

It will be the worst holiday you've ever experienced and quite possibly the last time that you will ever talk to some of the other participants again.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
This sounds like a logistical nightmare. There is no way you will be able to dine or do most rides together due to fastpass limitations. My husband and I were in a group of 5 last time which was hard enough to organise (while making the most of the holiday and advance booking possibilities) with each persons physical ability to walk, illnesses, dining preferences, park preferences etc When another family asked to coordinate their trip for this visit we both flat out refused. It would have been a total of 9 people and that made my mind boggle.

I also agree on staying at the cabins as it means you could all be near each other. BUT I am tempted to say out of respect to other families staying there, it may be quite imposing to see a group of over 20 congregating and making noise outdoor together which is only natural when you are all happy and catching up on your day's events.

If you do intend to go ahead.. I would break the party down into manageable age appropriate groups and set some very firm ground rules such as.. 'who sleeps together, dines together, pays together, books FPs together.' But then again if one of the 8 kids is an only child or too young, someone could get left out or be isolated. TOUGH COOKIE!

Good luck I would not want to be you or anyone who has to do the planning and I LIKE to plan!
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Agree that each family/group makes their own bookings.

I think that waterparks would be a great day out where everyone is together, but doing it in any of the other parks might be exhausting.

I'd have a meeting before booking and send out an email about the planning involved e.g. Fastpasses and the need to be nippy for any of the v popular rides and that people will need to liaise amongst each other to do things together. remind everyone that it's a holiday for everyone and if people want to do reciprocal childcare that is ok, but that if someone offers to take your child for a day, then it is polite to return the favour. Make it clear that if someone wants to organise something and invite people that is up to them, and also up to others if they want to accept.

Maybe book 1 or 2 sit down meals where you can all dine together ( either a TS restaurant or with kids a buffet might be nice) - obviously you won't all be at the same table, but could perhaps get adjoining tables.

As the lead, I'd consider booking 1-2 meals as above as a gesture, and then if people want to change you can adjust, but leaving everyone else to do their own thing.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I love family get togethers, it could be great fun. I would keep it as simple as possible, set the date and let them know where you will stay and get the family units to book themselves for what they want. You could all meet for breakfast each day or have a couple of days where you all go out together. Good luck.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List