Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

BBB mixed race/black question

Hello and apologies if this is a really obvious question!

My 6 year old daughter is really keen on getting her hair and makeup done here. She’s mixed race with very thick hair which is more African than European. I have looked on YouTube but can only see videos of kids with straight hair.

Just wondering if anyone with similar hair has been to the salon and what the outcome was. I’m sure there will be thousands of people from different backgrounds visiting the boutique every year so this shouldn’t be a problem but at the same I wouldn’t want her to be disappointed.

Thanks very much.
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I remember watching a youtube video of the most gorgeous little black girl having her BBB makeover,she had really thick hair and she still had it done up just the same,they do add loads of products and sprays to scrape it back if that was the style you wanted for her...I'm sure she won't be disappointed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HarryPotterGeek
Earning More Ears

Mobile

My niece is mixed race with similar hair and I took her to the BBB at Harrods and DLP, neither time were there any problems. Both times they did suggest which hair style would be best for my niece, which she was happy to go along with and this may have been due to certain styles not working with her hair type. She had a fantastic time on both occasions.

Hope this helps
HarryPotterGeek is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Im sure they are used to mixed race/afro type hair!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

When my daughter was there in August, there was two girls there who were sisters, with the hair you describe, one had it done in the bun, one had it done as a disco diva with the coloured extensions. I wouldn't worry x
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

Thanks very much for all the responses. She usually wears her hair in a bun so we’ld probably just stick with that for the makeover.
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

My daughter is also mixed race with very thick unmanageable afro hair... I took her to BBB when she was 9 and the person that did her hair knew exactly what she was doing, she was very gentle but scraped it back into a bun then added long curly extensions to the back of the bun that had little pink Minnie shapes in them. There was some product used to help scrape her hair back & it made her hair shine , and she was also sprayed with glitter - she looked absolutely stunning to be fair!

So you will have no problems at all

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)

Edited at 04:16 PM.
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
My daughter is also mixed race with very thick unmanageable afro hair... I took her to BBB when she was 9 and the person that did her hair knew exactly what she was doing, she was very gentle but scraped it back into a bun then added long curly extensions to the back of the bun that had little pink Minnie shapes in them. There was some product used to help scrape her hair back & it made her hair shine , and she was also sprayed with glitter - she looked absolutely stunning to be fair!

So you will have no problems at all
Thanks, that’s very reassuring!
Old 24 Feb 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
My daughter as thick curly/frizzy hair, not as thick as mine but still curly. They had no problem with her hair at BBB.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List