Notices

Old 8 May 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

USA East Coast Road Trip August 2014 - Index.

Here is the index for our August 2014 trip to the East Coast of the USA. We are starting off in DC before spending 1500 miles on the road, hitting a few sights with some chill out time in the Smokies then ending up in NYC before we fly home. I'll keep updating the pretrip as things get booked and for those of you that come along for the ride, hope you enjoy it!

Prior - The Pretrip
Day 1 - 9th August 2014 - Travel Day
Day 2 - 10th August 2014 - Washington DC, The National Mall & Smithsonian Museums
Day 3 - 11th August 2014 - Washington DC, Capitol, the Zoo & National Mall
Day 4 - 12th August 2014 - Washington DC, Arlington, Spy Museum & Hard Rock Cafe
Day 5 - 13th August 2014 - Washington DC to Williamsburg via Mount Vernon
Day 6 - 14th August 2014 - Williamsburg - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Day 7 - 15th August 2014 - Williamsburg - Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Shopping & Candles
Day 8 - 16th August 2014 - Water Country USA & off to Christiansburg
Day 9 - 17th August 2014 - Arriving in Pigeon Forge & Great Smoky Mountains
Day 10 - 18th August 2014 - Smoky Mountains Cades Cove, Gatlinburg & Sunset Zip Lining
Day 11 - 19th August 2014 - Smoky Mountains, Dollywood
Day 12 - 20th August 2014 - Smokies Alpine Coaster, Clingmans Dome, Rafting & Thunderstorms
Day 13 - 21st August 2014 - Leaving the Smokies, Roaring Fork & off to Shenandoah
Day 14 - 22nd August 2014 - Shenandoah & the Skyline Drive
Day 15 - 23rd August 2014 - Harpers Ferry, Gettysburg & the cinema, finally!
Day 16 - 24th August 2014 - Hersheypark
Day 17 - 25th August 2014 - Gettysburg and New York
Day 18 - 26th August 2014 - Liberty, 9/11 memorial & Brooklyn Bridge walk
Day 19 - 27th August 2014 - Top of the Rock, Midtown sights and the Mets
Day 20 - 28th August 2014 - Walking the Highline, Natural History Museum & Central Park
Day 21 - 29th August 2014 - ESB, Super Hero Tour & Matilda
Day 22 - 30th August 2014 - Leaving New York and heading home
Our High's, Low's & future plans.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 15, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just found this trippy and it's amazing! So many great tips for our holiday in September
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Maves Wife View Post
Just found this trippy and it's amazing! So many great tips for our holiday in September
Thanks for bumping this trippie up the boards I've just had a quick browse and it looks awesome. Hope to have thorough read through the daily reports asap!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 15, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maves Wife View Post
Thanks for this, really glad you found it useful just let me know if you've got any questions I can help you out with.

Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
Thanks for bumping this trippie up the boards I've just had a quick browse and it looks awesome. Hope to have thorough read through the daily reports asap!
Hope you enjoy the read, it was a great trip, lot of planning but just a brilliant holiday, I read the report again just after Christmas and it was good to go back and relive the holiday again.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Hope you enjoy the read, it was a great trip, lot of planning but just a brilliant holiday, I read the report again just after Christmas and it was good to go back and relive the holiday again.
I love road trip reports and have just flicked through each day of yours and it looks amazing! You must have put in loads of research.

It must be a great diary to look back on with fond memories. Thanks for sharing.

I hope to read it properly at the weekend. (I wish work didn't get in the way of my hobbies and holiday planning ).
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

I just love this trip report and I'm using it to help me plan our trip as we've got kids too-so its great to see what your son enjoyed doing in New York and Washington
Old 15 May 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Really great trip report thanks. Lots of excellent info. I am still working through it.
Am thinking about a trip to Washington, Smokies etc.
Old 27 Oct 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

This sounds right up my street. I visited Washington and Williamsburg as a teenager on a school trip. I am still in touch with the family and friends of the family who I stayed with all those years ago. Would be lovely to see them again. Never been to New York so that would be fab too. I retire from ( although no where near retirement age) my 30 yr contract job in 2 years so looking for ideas for a trip. Loved our last road trip to California , despite having huge doubts. Hoping for a road trip to Florida Miami etc in 2019.