Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Jul 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

ignore last post , i messaged uber via facebook and they replied within5 minutes saying a uber xl is what we need , looking at the estimator it still works out cheaper for us getting the xl than a mears taxi
Old 1 Jul 15, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by challybaby View Post
sorry to sound dim, but if we ordered the uber xl does that mean the car will seat 5 , or will it just be a more luxurious car
UberX: The least expensive Uber service. Seats 4 riders. Drivers use everyday cars that are 2000 or newer
UberXL: Seats at least 6 passengers. An UberXL car will be an SUV or a Minivan. Higher fare price than UberX
UberPlus/UberSelect: A luxury sedan that seats up to 4 riders. Expect a BMW, Mercededs, Audi, etc with a leather interior
UberPOOL: Share your ride with another person and split the cost. Only available in LA, SF, NYC, and Paris. Read more.
UberBLACK (Black Car): Uber’s ‘executive’ luxury service. Commercially registered and insured livery vehicles, typically a black SUV or luxury sedan. Highest fare price
September 2017 - Port Orleans Riverside/Grand/St Pete's/Disney Cruise

September 2019 - AKL + Off-site
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great info, thanks.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
This is a fantastic thread - we are looking at a taxi for a one day dream experience during the holiday and the saving with uber seems so much in comparison to the mears taxi.
Where would you suggest a drop off if going to DHS in a morning?

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 15, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
This is a fantastic thread - we are looking at a taxi for a one day dream experience during the holiday and the saving with uber seems so much in comparison to the mears taxi.
Where would you suggest a drop off if going to DHS in a morning?
For HS and Epcot, we can't recommend The Swan & Dolphin enough. It was great to be dropped there, walk straight through the hotel reception to the back of the building and catch the boat over to either parks. It was a great start to any day there - the boats are regular and the queues were never more than a handful of people (at the busiest time of year, Christmas) and the boat ride takes five minutes. It was anywhere between $17 - $20 per trip when we did it (Dec - Jan). You get to see the Boardwalk from the water, too.

66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 15, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by 66Caunce View Post
For HS and Epcot, we can't recommend The Swan & Dolphin enough. It was great to be dropped there, walk straight through the hotel reception to the back of the building and catch the boat over to either parks. It was a great start to any day there - the boats are regular and the queues were never more than a handful of people (at the busiest time of year, Christmas) and the boat ride takes five minutes. It was anywhere between $17 - $20 per trip when we did it (Dec - Jan). You get to see the Boardwalk from the water, too.
Thought you might suggest Swan and Dolphin

Great thread and thanks for waking me up to the benefits of using uber - appreciate your advice

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Just a little note: I listen to Orlando Sky Radio in the mornings (obsessed, I know) and the Sixty Second Disney World Tip this morning was using The Swan & Dolphin as your own personal base for saving time and money by using Disney transport (and your feet in the case of Downtown) from these hotels.

Old 4 Jul 15, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

thanks again for all the information, and where to go at Disney to be collected/dropped off when using Uber. Would you also recommend Swan and Dolphin as collection point when visiting the Magic Kingdom, or is there a better option?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
thanks again for all the information, and where to go at Disney to be collected/dropped off when using Uber. Would you also recommend Swan and Dolphin as collection point when visiting the Magic Kingdom, or is there a better option?
This is about the only area where I can't advise accurately as we only used The Swan & Dolphin (and OKW once). However, I have read successful reports based on my theory at the time - you can get on any Disney bus to any Disney resort and get an Uber cab from there. It's just I haven't done it so can't comment from experience.

Old 8 Jul 15, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi you say you pay by debit or credit card can you pay by cash?

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List