Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 15, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Just to make anyone aware that haven't visited a shooting range before in the states, safety is always paramount in these ranges as on occasions people have entered to hire a gun and purposely commit suicide inside the range. When u do see the blood on the walls at least u know why...
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
addick1
Excited about Disney

machinegunamerica/location/orlando/ Not been here but looks good. Weve used Oak Ridge, very good and scarey all at the same time!
addick1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hotspotuk View Post
Just to make anyone aware that haven't visited a shooting range before in the states, safety is always paramount in these ranges as on occasions people have entered to hire a gun and purposely commit suicide inside the range. When u do see the blood on the walls at least u know why...
I couldn't disagree more. Not making a judgement either way as it's the USA and their laws but there is next to nothing in place, apart from a basic ID check, to stop a person walking in, taking out a weapon and live ammunition and using it for whatever purpose. As you alluded to and I posted earlier there has indeed been cases of people commiting suicide on ranges. It has happened twice at Oak Ridge. google it

After 25 years on UK military ranges, where safeguards are in place, the contrast is frightening. For example. You are handed the weapon and shown a door to go through onto the range and that's it. There is no supervision at all. The ranges I have used are totally supervised at all times even though we are fully trained and competant with weapon handling.

Not trying to scare people away but just be aware. We had a great time at Oak Ridge, recommend it and would certainly go again.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH, the boys and BIL went to Orlando Gun Club in July. They booked the combo package but in hindsight would book the rifle one next time as they only got 5 shots with the shotgun. T shirts were included with the package and they took their targets home. They all thoroughly enjoyed the morning there.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by UPExodus View Post
When I went to Oakridge Gun Range they only took my passport and not my girlfriends, but I would say take all of your IDs to be certain. Also just a quick heads up you're only allowed to shoot if you travelled with an ESTA, if you had to apply for your Visa directly through the US embassy you aren't allowed to shoot unless you obtain a hunting license.

The gun range itself was excellent, good choice of guns and a reasonable price, the staff were very accommodating to my girlfriend who had never shot before and guided her through it, once she and they were happy she was comfortable they left us to it.

We paid $130 for the both of us, included gun hire, 6 targets, 100 9mm rounds and 50 .45 calibre rounds.

Hint, .45's kick.
Hi

Do you mind me asking where the information is about visa holders please? As DH travels on a visa & we've always been to Gun ranges in Orlando, Las Vegas & have never seen this? Unless we've misread something?

Thanks
Old 9 Jan 16, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tdawber
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I recommend Orlando gun club.
Tdawber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 16, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread