Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 16, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loch Lomond
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
Why don't you have a few days in Miami but then head elsewhere...
We fly into Miami, stay 3 nights and then head to The Keys on our next trip
We are then driving up the West coast, across to Orlando and then down the East coast back to Miami for the flight home
Admittedly it's a 3 week trip for us this time but we are looking forward to seeing more of Florida than just theme parks
Really excited
We're doing this but in the other direction. 3 nights Miami Beach, up to Kennedy Space, over to Orlando, on to the Gulf and back round. Looking forward to it but finding Gulf Accommodation expensive!
Loch Lomond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Unless you're off the beaten path most places are more expensive than Orlando. Orlando has thousands and thousands of rooms/villas/apartments most other places don't. There's over 30,000 rooms on Disney property alone.

It's a simple case of supply and demand.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

We are doing the same as rylisal. Our kids will be 15 and 16 when we go. I don't plan staying long in Miami but the flights were a bargain and because we have been to Orlando a few times, it means we get to do something different.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Seems like a common route this year, were doing 3 night miami beach, staying at the savoy, 7 nights at St. John's pass area then last week in orlando...
Looking for something's to do in miami only 3 days but we want to make the most of it...
Old 8 Jan 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jolleygirl
Looking for my Ears

Parking is restricted on South Beach. Had to leave the hire car in a multi storey but it was less than $20 for 24h.
jolleygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I personally wouldn't take children I'd head to the Keys or Gulf if you want something different.
Old 8 Jan 16, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loch Lomond
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
I personally wouldn't take children I'd head to the Keys or Gulf if you want something different.
Can I ask why? I'm taking a 13 and 10 year old for 3 nights this year and I'll change the booking if I need to. Thanks.
Loch Lomond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 16, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
There are things for kids to do don't get me wrong but it's more of a grown up city,
SoBo in the evening and on a weekend can get pretty rowdy, especially if there is a game on, painted topless dancers on the sidewalk, open bars so everyone is on the sidewalk, we saw a lot of drugged and drunk people (no trouble though apart from a very drugged female in the middle if the road).there are sooooo many police though and lots of beggars.
I've been got the shirt and wouldn't go back.
Old 8 Jan 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

We love Miami , got married there 2014 and my girls were 4 and 6! We are flying into Miami in October then driving up to Orlando the next day. We would stay in Miami for 2 weeks easily , I guess everyone is different. X
Old 8 Jan 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread