Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Question Orlando to Clearwater

Hi folks, me and my friends have been considering a road trip from Orlando to Clearwater, a nice day off from the parks ..looking to spend it at the beach. Has anyone done this trip before ? Had a look on Google Maps for journey times with it coming up at 1hr48mins. Any info would be great thanks 😊
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Done this a few times and did it last year traffic can be heavy and parking can be a nightmare the 2 hour time can easily double. We always stay overnight. Cocoa Beach is a much better option for a day trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

Fairly easy drive,however driving through Tampa ca be a bit hairy,St Johns pass is very nice,however most beaches have parking meters,and you can easily pick up a ticket
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
djy
Getting Excited

Clearwater Beach is nice , but I agree with JuneandPeter that Cocoa Beach is better, easier to park , easier to get to
djy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Thanks for the advice.I will have chat and see if they fancy the alternative trip.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Mobile

We visit CMA as a day trip and it's a fairly easy drive.

I would never visit Cocoa beach as its on the Atlantic and the sea in general in colder and rougher than the Gulf.

We tend to the beaches a bit further south than Clearwater but find the drive worth it.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

We visit Clearwater every trip- 2015 was the only time wa haven't donenit as a day trip. Its very manageable. We love it, we also love Johns Pass too. Havent tried Cocoa beach as we like the gulf coast so much.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Manageable, but if you can pick up an inexpensive room in Clearwater, you won't regret making it an overnight stay
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

We have done Cocoa Beach and Clearwater. Cocoa is a nice little road trip but we didn't hang about for very long as we didn't like the place very much. Clearwater is further but we thought it was much nicer with a bit more to see. We did an overnight stay at Sand Key in Clearwater last time and it was a real highlight of the trip.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
I watch a video on Clearwater, and it looks like picture perfect.one of the reasons for the trip idea. Me and my friends enjoy going drives in Scotland so this would be perfect.
Closed Thread