Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 16, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The C Team
Proud to wear my Ears

The C Team's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Clearwater,St Petersburg,Sarasota or Braderton?

We are looking to do a 2 centre holiday next year
2 weeks Orlando then a week at one of the above resorts

Having never been before to the above resorts am looking for some advice on the best resort also any villa recommendations

Only plan for the west coast is a trip to Busch Gardens
Any help much appreciated!
Old 13 Jan 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Have only been to Clearwater and St.Pete's for the day so cant help with villas but they are lovely

Have stayed in a villa on a golf course near Bradenton-great spot to travel up and down the Gulf coast and villa prices are not too high but you will need to drive to beaches,restaurants etc.About 40 mins to Busch Gardens.

If you want to push the boat out, have a look at Anna Maria Island, its my idea of heaven.Speed limit on the island is 35 mph, there is a free trolley service up and down and lots of restaurants within walking distance of the villas.The island has a Publix.About 50 mins to Busch.The beach is only a short walk or you can get accommodation on the beach(at a premium)

Happy Hunting- we used to do just the same-2 weeks of parks and a week to unwind on the coast
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by The C Team View Post
We are looking to do a 2 centre holiday next year
2 weeks Orlando then a week at one of the above resorts

Having never been before to the above resorts am looking for some advice on the best resort also any villa recommendations

Only plan for the west coast is a trip to Busch Gardens
Any help much appreciated!
Busch gardens isn't really west coast. E.g Sarasota is no closer to Busch than Kissimmee is.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
The C Team
Proud to wear my Ears

The C Team's Reviews
so clearwater would be easier for Busch Gardens
Old 13 Jan 16, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

West coast villas are more expensive than Disney area villas. There are nowhere near as many. However, there are lots of condos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The C Team
Proud to wear my Ears

The C Team's Reviews
Yes I have been looking for villas in the areas mentioned and see you are right less choice more money!
would you recommend an area from the above
I may be leaning towards clearwater
Old 13 Jan 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

For the best Gulf Coast experience you need to be south of Tampa Bay.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemca
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, we are going to Clearwater for one week in July. We have never been to Clearwater before and we are staying in a 3 bed condo in Bay harbour booked through homeaway website. We couldn't any villas but there are plenty of condos to rent.
clairemca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The C Team View Post
Yes I have been looking for villas in the areas mentioned and see you are right less choice more money!
would you recommend an area from the above
I may be leaning towards clearwater
Sorry we seldom go to the West Coast, we live on the beach on the East Coast, coals to Newcastle and all that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Staying at Bradenton Sabal Harbour for nine nights in August, got a villa for about £700. Its 20 minutes to Anna Maria island and 30 minutes to Siesta Key, those are two areas I want to go to. I looked everywhere the ones close to the beach were £900 plus, home away have loads of villas all sizes and prices. We have only been to Clearwater and St Petes for the day but fancied a more relaxing time after Orlando.
Closed Thread