Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Nov 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Our Orlando Vacation - 14 nights offsite! *COMPLETED*

Hello and welcome to my first ever food report!

We returned on Friday after 2 weeks in Florida, we stayed in a Villa on the Windsor Hills. I managed to take pictures of nearly everything we ate and drank and noted down the prices for most things too, so alongside my trip report I thought I’d do a food report!

We were a party of 14, so to make things easier for myself (and for the hangry 12) I am basing this on myself and my boyfriend’s food, as it’s easier to keep one person waiting “pictures first”. The food gets better as we go along, because we were first adjusting to US portions and then we all suffered a sickness bug . We ate at a few onsite restaurants, but we did have to cancel a couple of reservations due to illness and plan adjustments.

We had ADRs for:

- Be Our Guest
- Tusker House
- The Boathouse
- Beaches and Cream
- Rainforest Café

I always count the holiday to start the night before as we stay at The Gatwick Travelodge, so I will start my report from then.

Pre- Travel Day
- Breakfast at home
- Costa
- Ye Olde Six Bells - Horley

Travel Day – Arrival
- Nandos breakfast – Gatwick South Terminal
- Virgin Atlantic
- Outback Steakhouse

Day 1 – Universal Studios
- Sizzler
- WWOHP
- Lard Lad Donuts
- Monsters Cafe

Day 2 – Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle
- Be Our Guest
- Longhorn Steakhouse

Day 3 – Discovery Cove
- Discovery Cove
- Snacks at Villa

Day 4 – Animal Kingdom
- Tusker House
- Ice Cream Cart
- The Boathouse
- Ghirardelli

Day 5 – Epcot
- Starbucks Fountain View
- Beaches and Cream
- Red Lobster

Day 6 – SeaWorld
- Cracker Barrel
- Dipping Dots
- Bahama Breeze

Day 7 – Hollywood Studios
- Denny’s
- Trolley Car Cafe
- Fairfax Fare

Day 8 – Epcot
- Mcdonald’s
- Food and Wine Festival
- D-Luxe Burger

Day 9 – Shopping
- Car snacks
- Food Court
- Carlos Bakery
- Hard Rock

Day 10 – Magic Kingdom
- Cracker Barrel
- Johnny Rockets
- Goofy’s Candy Co
- Rainforest Café

Day 11 – Islands of Adventure
- IHOP
- Fire Eaters Grill
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
- Outback Steakhouse

Day 12 – Busch Gardens
- Breakfast in Villa
- Sultans Sweets
- Zambia Smokehouse
- Millers Alehouse

Day 13 – IOA, shopping & Epcot
- IHOP
- Godiva
- Longhorn Steakhouse

Day 14 – Disney Springs & AK
- Earl of Sandwich
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck
- Burger King MCO

Pre- Travel Day

Breakfast & lunch was at home, I had to go in to work for the morning before we headed to the airport.

I started the day with a bowl of banana & Nutella porridge:

The suitcase in the background, all packed and ready to go .

I arrived to work quite early, so went to the local Costa Coffee first and I had a skinny Mocha Latte:

Finally the time had arrived and I was able to leave work for over 2 weeks. Kevin also worked for the morning so we met by my car and drove home to pack up the cars and leave.

Once I got home I had my lunch which Kevin picked up for me when he finished with his clients. It was a Jamaican chicken salad, it doesn’t look very appealing but it is so good.

We checked in our suitcases and arrived at the hotel by 6pm, we had dinner reservations at a local pub, so after we dropped our bags off to our rooms we made our way to dinner.

Ye Olde Six Bells

They offer a “fixed price menu”- 2 courses £12.95 / 3 courses £15.95 / Selected dishes Monday-Friday 5 - 8pm.

I didn’t fancy any of the mains off of this menu and opted for one off of the regular menu, Kevin chose from the set menu, but as he didn’t want the starter or dessert he ordered the pâté for me.

I was also drinking Rose, Kevin had diet coke.

Starter:

Duo of Pâté
“coarse pork, Madeira & bacon pâté and oak-smoked chicken liver parfait with Bramley apple butter, baby gherkins and rustic bread”.

This was so yummy, the pâté was amazing and I would definitely order it again.

Mains:

I chose the Roast British Chicken
“With roasted sliced potatoes, seasonal vegetables, lemon & thyme stuffing wrapped in bacon, served with a red wine jus”

This was so so good, the chicken was cooked perfectly and there was so much of it, it could have easily have fed two! It actually defeated me and Kevin had to finish it for me.

Kevin chose the 7oz British Beef Burger
“In a brioche bun with smoked cheddar and ginger beer glazed thick-cut streaky bacon” this was also served with chips. Kevin had already started eating his before I could take a picture (we hadn't quite got in tot he swing of things yet) so here's a Google image:

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yay! Looking forward to this!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading along

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I'm in! Great start...
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Always love a food report, can't wait.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Following
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Travel Day

Nandos, Gatwick South Terminal

We left the Travelodge at around 7:20am, we were doing a meet and greet/ valet service for our cars and we wanted to make sure we left enough time in case anything went wrong.

Everything went really smoothly and we had made it through security by around 8am, at this point the group split up. Myself & Kevin headed towards Nando’s as we had heard from friends that they offer breakfast.

It was pretty empty in there and we were seated straight away, after a quick look at the menu we both chose the same thing:

Nandos Beans & Egg’s on Toast £5.95
“A mix of saucy fiery beans served with spinach and your choice of poached or scrambled eggs, on toasted white or malted brown bloomer”.

We also both chose to add a “flame grilled Chicken sausage” to our breakfast for an additional - £1.95.

About half way through eating his meal Kevin noticed something sharp in his mouth and it turned out to be a piece of plastic. We called a member of staff over; they took the meal away and got a fresh one made for him. As he was waiting for the food the managed came over, she was very apologetic and offered him a refund for the meal and also gave vouchers so we can get a free meal at our local Nandos back home.

Mistakes do happen and we really appreciate the way the staff handled the situation, we both did really enjoy our food and we would eat here at breakfast time again.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Travel Day

Virgin Atlantic

Kevin was flying out on the later flight, so I was sat with my nephew and cousin on the plane, we actually had really good seats they were right near the front of the plane and we were among the first people to get served, which meant we actually got the food choices we wanted.

I didn’t get a picture of the food because I had dropped my phone when it arrived and it slid right under the seat in front of me and I couldn’t reach it until the trays were up again.

I did get a picture of the menu and snack:

I had a couple of vodka orange juices and it must have worked a treat as it put me to sleep quite quickly.

All 3 of us chose the chicken teriyaki and it was surprisingly really good, I normally hate plane and very often don’t eat it, but I actually really enjoyed this. The salad they served on the side however was a different story; I love salads but couldn’t even force myself to eat it.

I had fallen asleep by the time afternoon tea arrived and my cousin didn’t want to wake me, so I actually missed out on this, she described it as ok, just a general cheese and pickle sandwich.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Travel Day

Outback Steakhouse

We landed at just after 5:15pm, as we had been late taking off as there had been a lot of fog and we were sat in a queue on the run way waiting to take off.

Once we had made it through immigration and baggage collection Kevin’s flight had already landed, I decided to wait for him by arrivals as we were having trouble fitting all the suitcases in the hire car.

By the time Kevin arrived and we were in a taxi my family still hadn’t left the airport, so we decided to go grab some food whilst we waited. We went to the Outback Steakhouse on the Formosa Gardens Village as this is a very short drive from the villa.

Neither of us fancied anything heavy, we were beginning to feel a bit tired. I did have a voucher for a free Blooming Onion, it was due to expire in a couple of days so we figured to use that and go for a lighter main.

Blooming Onion $8.99 (often has free vouchers if you sign up online)
“Our special onion is hand-carved, cooked until golden and ready to dip into our spicy signature bloom sauce.”

Chicken Caesar Salad $9.49
I opted for the Caesar Salad with chicken.

Grilled Chicken on the Barbie $13.99
“Seasoned and wood-fire grilled chicken breast with our signature BBQ sauce, Fresh seasonal mixed veggies.”

This was Kevin's choice, he didn't want anything with potatoes and this seemed like a good lighter option.

We both really enjoyed our meals here; it was just what we needed after a long day travelling. Our waiter was lovely and very attentive, we were drinking water and as soon as our glasses got low we both had fresh ones brought to us without asking.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Nov 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Following for food inspo for our trip