Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Enjoying reading this so far! I've never tried Taco Bell either - and there's one in Manchester so not sure I'll bother trying it in the US!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Enjoying reading this so far! I've never tried Taco Bell either - and there's one in Manchester so not sure I'll bother trying it in the US!
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Great report so far

We still haven't tried Taco Bell, not sure I'm too bothered now after your comments! We did try Wendy's for the first time this year, really tasty.
Yeah really wasn't worth it in my opinion. There are much better places out there
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacko5
Getting Excited

Thanks for the report. Im interested to see how you're managing without a car at Sunset Lakes as we are going there.

Sunset Lakes 2006, Sheraton LBV 2011, Emerald Island 2014, Sunset Lakes 2017, Emerald Island 2019
Jacko5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jacko5 View Post
Thanks for the report. Im interested to see how you're managing without a car at Sunset Lakes as we are going there.
Really easy. Everything is pretty close and it's about $20 to get to the outlets.
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 4- Animal Kingdom

The guys were really looking forward to this day because of the Lion King show, and it didn't disappoint.
Breakfast was skipped, apart from Dads coffee, in favour of being in the park for rope drop.
We didn't really eat or drink anything until 12:00, where we grabbed a starbucks.
We had tried the new bar down past Tiffins, but my driving licence was refused as ID and because I got refused, dad couldn't get a drink either.
The normal caramel frappe was ordered for me

Dad bought a bottle of coke (for about $3)

and I bought this lovely huge cupcake. It was pretty tasty

Later in the evening, we decided on Millers Ale House. It was close by and pretty casual which is what we were looking for. Also, I had a coupon for a free flatbread

It was ok, but I wouldn't pay for it.
Drinks were ordered. Bud light for dad, pineapple mango mojito for me and a coke for Andrew.
For main dad ordered the Ossobucco, which is slow cooked pork. $14.99

Andrew ordered the philly cheesesteak $8.99 plus 50c for peppers

And I had the flat iron steak with boom boom shrimp $15.99

Dad's pork was the winner of the night and was taaasty. We ended up bringing home half our meals as we couldn't finish.

We would definitely go back here, but check your bill if you have a coupon, because she didn't take the flatbread off ours. So the total including drinks was 67.68 excluding tip.
Old 28 Nov 16, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 5-Thanksgiving and a day of rest

Today was Thanksgiving so we had decided not to brave the traffic and to stay in for the day.
We had a nice lazy morning and home cooked breakfast.

This was pretty good as we had managed to find proper sausages and bacon at Walmart, which made all the difference.

For dinner unfortunately, we were not so lucky.
We had decided to make a chilli as we knew it would last a couple days and is easy to whip up. The problem was, we were unfamiliar with american produce.
We found everything as close as we could to what we would usually use without going overboard and we had cooked it up the night before

(with squirty cheese).

The problem was, we picked up the wrong mince (the one in a roll) and even after two skims and a strain, the chilli was so greasy and awful that it came back up a few minutes after eating what we could manage. It was a sad day for home cooking and the rest went down the food chute.

On the plus side, me and dad got bored by late evening so went to check out disney springs where I got one of these bad boys from Amorettes patisserie for $8.

So worth it.
Old 28 Nov 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Great so far looking forward to more
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm enjoying reading along

Joan
Old 30 Nov 16, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 6- Hollywood Studios and Buffalo Wild Wings

We had planned to have a lie in this morning and all the fastpasses were booked as such. But alas, it was not meant to be and we ended up arriving at Hollywood studios at 10am, just in time to see the star trooper march.
The plan was to stay all day and watch Fantasmic and Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam. But like all plans, this didn't happened either.
When it came to finding somewhere to drink, we stopped at the dockside diner. (I think that's what it's called, the big boat).
There I had a blue raspberry milkshake $4.99

Dad and Andrew had the usual, bud light and coke, so I'm not bothering with those boring farts.
Later in the day, I had a prospectors punch. I think it was around $11 and my god did it pack a punch. I couldn't drink it all.

I also grabbed another one of these bad boys. They are the same as the pretzels at Gastons tavern and the same price at $5

After a while, it was Andrews turn to get peckish so we ended up back at the boat for him to buy a foot long chilli cheese dog fore about $12

As you could see he didn't want to wait for his close up. He enjoyed it, obviously.

Dad's poor little feet were hurting at this point so we decided to call it a day and I had avoided ToT for another day.

We wanted something casual for tea again and Andrew loves the boneless wings were so we had to stop at buffalo wild wings, at least once.
I ordered the blender chocolate $4.19

My god was this thick and sickly. It actually had bits of chocolate cake in it.

Andrew and dad had their usuals. Mountain dew (£2.89) and Miller Lite (which was in the happy hour so was only $3.25).

We ordered a sharer as this was also included in the happy hour and decided on loaded chips, $4

They were pretty good, but it was strange eating kettle chips loaded with cheese and tomato etc.

For mains, I ordered the BBQ grilled chicken sandwich $10.29

Dad ordered the Boston Lager burger, $11.79. Sorry for the blurry pic

And Andrew ordered the medium boneless wings, $15.79. He got to choose three sauces with this so chose kicken honey garlic, Caribbean jerk and medium. The guy asked if he wanted ranch or blue cheese, but he declined.

A few minutes later, he retracted that and hastily asked for some blue cheese sauce. Those jerk wings were hot. Dad wanted to be the big man and see what all the fuss was about. Whilst his face looked composed, it did turn a rather bright shade of purple.

Andrew couldn't finish these so we took the rest to go and skipped out on dessert for a total of $59.34 inc tax.

This was declared the best meal of the holiday so far by Andrew.
Old 2 Dec 16, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 7- Aquatica and Longhorn Steakhouse

Sorry guys, I have tried to write this day four times now, but the villa internet did not want to play.
We are at the HRH now so I am hoping it is nice to me.
It was our cousins Zacks birthday today and he wanted to go to Aquatica and Longhorns, so that was our plan.

The day at Aquatica for the older generation looked something like this:

We went to the Banana beach buffet for lunch, but I didn't take any pictures because I hate how buffet food looks. Saying that however, the choice there was surprisingly good. They had a range of salad and grilled fish as well as the normal buffet fare of pizzas and chicken.
It was $15 a head and also included unlimited coke beverages as long as you were in the buffet area.

In the evening, we headed out to Longhorns Steakhouse. I had a voucher for a free app, but people were buffeted out from earlier.
The night started as all Longhorn nights do with this honey oat bread

The order went as follows:
I had Flo's filet with lobster tail, loaded potato and broccoli $29.49 and a strawberry lemonade $3.49

Dad had the 12oz ribeye with fries, 20.99, sauteed mushrooms, 3.99, sauteed onions, 3.29 and bud light 5.49

Andrew had the steak bacon cheddar melt, 13.99 and a coke 2.99

Uncle Phil had a 12oz ribeye with loaded potato 20.99 and a newcastle brown, 2x5.49

Zack also had the 12oz with loaded potato, so you only get one pic. He had this with a coke.

We ordered two desserts to go which were the chocolate stampede,9.49, which could easily feed two, and a molten lava cake 7.79.

The total came to 173.82 inc tax for a rather lovely meal