Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Nov 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

“Free” memory maker

I have the above but what do I do now 😆
Do I get a card from photopass photographer
Or show them something?
I see you can view photos but can I do that while there or will I lose them?
Old 20 Nov 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

The first photo you have taken you either get your magic band (if you have them) scanned or the photographer will give you a card and you show each subsequent photographer this.
You wont lose them by viewing them on holiday.
If you are not staying on site i would recommend buying magic bands as it saves getting park tickets out all the time for entry or fast pass access and is easy for photographs
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just hand them your park ticket / Annual Pass / Magic Band - then the images appear in the MDE.
Do you use the app? If so you can 'see as you go'

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
I have the above but what do I do now 😆
Do I get a card from photopass photographer
Or show them something?
I see you can view photos but can I do that while there or will I lose them?
All you have to use is your theme park ticket or Magic Band (if you have one).

First, have you got a MyDisneyExperience account and have you linked your tickets to that? If not, then go to the main US Disney website (here) and sign in. Once you have an account, link your tickets here. You don't have to do anything else before you go - the free Memory Maker will work automatically.

When you get to Orlando, whenever you have your photo taken by a Disney photographer, let them scan your ticket (or Magic Band). That will then link the photos taken by the CM to your MyDisneyExperience (MDE) account. You can then view the photos in the Photopass section of MDE either using the website or via the Disney app.

At rides that offer a photo, scan your ticket under the screen showing your photo to link it to your account.

Then, when you get home, you can download the photos to a PC/laptop. I think the photos stay available for 45 days so make sure you download them within about a month of returning.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

A further benefit of getting Magic Bands (as well as making it easier to scan onto rides rather than to have to get tickets out each time) is that on most rides the RFID technology in the bands will recognise that you've been on the ride and automatically add your ride photo into your MDE account (you don't need to scan your band/ticket under the photo in the post-ride area).

Also, on specific rides, you will also get a short video of you on the ride sent to your account - to the best of my knowledge this is only on Seven Dwarves in MK and Tower of Terror in HS. The videos aren't much, but a nice little extra, just for having a band on.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessiemae
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We're here at moment and just scan ride photos to magic band where you view them or get photographer to scan but a lot of time they go automatically. They are available for 30 days on MDE.
Old 21 Nov 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I would reiterate the advice to get magic bands even if off site it makes using memory maker much easier

Don't forget to ask the photographers to apply special effects at times as well. You will know they are doing it when they ask you to pose in a certain way, especially in Animal Kingdome

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's definitely worth getting magic bands it makes thing much easier. Even if it was just 1 for your group to get the photos on. Also means you automatically get the ride video for the 7 dwarves mine train which is really cool.
Old 23 Nov 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Can you buy the Magic Bands in UK prior to traveling. was thinking of purchasing for kids Birthdays to include in the surprise?
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ball81 View Post
Can you buy the Magic Bands in UK prior to traveling. was thinking of purchasing for kids Birthdays to include in the surprise?
Not officially, you can get them on eBay though.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List