Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Dec 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Anyone done the Star Wars Guided Tour?

I am looking at ideas for a Christmas present for my DH and DS (age 11) and came across the Star Wars Guided Tour at Hollywood Studios. It's $92.95 each and wondered if it was any good?

They are both big Star Wars fans and thought they could do this whilst me and DD have a princess day? The only thing is that is starts at 8am - 1pm but then you get reserved viewing of the fireworks, so it will mean going back to the villa for a rest and going back in as I don't think I could manage a 12hour + day with 2 kids in one park

Any feedback welcome, thanks

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Can't help other than to keep searching, there's a review on here somewhere.
We're waiting to book also.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Check out stewboys trip report. He did this your. My husband and son did it in May this year and really enjoyed it but he is rubbish with details so can't tell me much!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thanks, i’ll take a look.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We did it in Oct, our son was 13. Some really cool little touches which he enjoyed. Stop reading now if you don't want spoilers!

Good points were -
- When you check in they take your name and ask if you want to be on the dark side or in the resistance. The later at lunch you are given a hard plastic name badge themed to your chosen side with your name printed on in the star wars symbols font. You are also given a lanyard with the alphabet on so that you can translate some of the signs as you go around the tour. Both are great mementos.

- The tour starts with a ride on Star Tours before it opens and the guide given you some of the hidden secrets. My son loved being first riders of the day.

- Front of the line access to the cinema show and character meets for Kylo Ten, Chewbacca and BB8. The tour group is split into 3 for this so literally no wait.

- We also got to meet Darth Vader which is not an advertised meet as tour guide said not always possible but they try to add it in where possible.

- Marching with the storm troopers was a massive high point my son said he felt like a celebrity with everybody lining the path to watch!

- Lunch is in a specially reserved area and we had a visit from the storm troopers whilst we were eating who had come to check the area for rebel spies.

- We were given a churro light saber for dessert which again isnt advertised but nice touch.

-Jedi training is included for under 12s which we were not doing so we were given an any ride fast pass each instead.

- You are given a Chewbacca
stein as a souvenir to take away

Not so good points were -

- The dessert party is no longer included hence the lower price but we would have preferred the option to keep it.

- The wait between the end of the tour (ours finished at 12.45) and the fireworks is long. We decided to stay and found plently to do to fill our time but with the early start we were seriously flagging.

- The reserved viewing area for the fireworks was very busy and we didn't have a great view with a tree in the way

Overall it's a once and done for us but we did really enjoy it.
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List