Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemboss View Post
Same here. I only keep a balance of around £200 on it just in case it's lost/stolen/cloned but topping up is very easy. Very happy with the card.
Same here just added cash when I needed it as so easy max had on it was 300 before a trip to outlets when I didn't buy anything
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
foodie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Another big fan here!
I’m here right now and first time using a pre loaded Monzo card. It’s absolutely fabulous, I often get the notification through of what I have spent in pounds before I have even taken my card out of the machine.
If they take the card away as they don’t have chip and pin yet it’s reassurin to see what they are charging me before the card is brought back to the table.
In iHop we had an issue when they charged it twice, the manger told me that it would be refunded the next day ... it wasn’t!
I contacted Monzo via the help section on the app. Literally within 10 mins after sending pictures of the receipts they refunded me!
absolutely brilliant!
Highly recommend.
So much so they are going to become my main bank account when I get home!
foodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Hi is there a limit on cash withdrawal wirh monzo then?
You can withdrawal £200 a month without fees, after that it's a 3% fee. You can check your remaining free limit for the month in the app. There's no fee for card payments.

Starling on the other hand has no limit - although I've stuck with Monzo on the basis that I won't withdraw all that much cash anyway. I would imagine at some point it'll go the same way as Monzo and charge, but at the moment Starling is the better on paper if you want to withdraw lots of cash.

They're both incredibly similar, probably because the team heading up Monzo met while they worked at Starling
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

One word of caution with Starling. They sometimes have issues pre authorising. Our son couldn’t use it as his pre authorised card on our cruise and I can’t use it on pay at the pump at Tesco petrol stations.

Apart from that it is great.

I also have Monzo but haven’t tried using that at the petrol station.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

According to forum on Monzo because it is a full debit card not a pre paid one it will work in a petrol station pump
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List