Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

Finally!... decision time

I've managed to convince my other half to go to Disney again next year. We usually do a Disney holiday (normally DLP) every year as a little break.
There will be me, OH, 8 year old and a 2 year old. We have decided to stay at HRH for a few days as my daughter is Harry Potter mad and after recieving a hogwarts acceptance letter on her birthday she is desperate to go!
But we will also do Disney for roughly 10 days as my 2 year old loves Mickey and the gang, my daughter is princess mad and I just love it there!
I'm just struggling on when is the best time to go...we have taken my daughter in October before but never the youngest, so it's his first time to Orlando (was at DLP over Christmas and he loved it!).
The holidays and max amount of days off they have are...
Feb: 10 days off
April: 2-3 weeks off
May/early June: 2-3 weeks off
July/August: summer holidays
Late October/early November: 10 days off
Then Christmas.

Will April just be too hectic? I'd consider August but the heat would be too much I think & I think we will be going on a separate holiday with family sometime in August.

Other people's experiences or suggestions would be helpful : )

Edited at 06:02 PM.
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

If you book for summer and there on you will get free dining on site I don't think it applies for Easter. We have been 3 times at Easter and it is not too busy you do notice a difference in the Easter week but not unbearable and it is a nice temperature, saying that we are going to go next August to try the free dining, and the american schools go back mid-ish august so I am hoping it will be quite quiet as we go in the middle, and looking at Disneys chart it is there real low season in terms of accommodation pricing
Old 24 May 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we always go as soon as kids break up in summer. yes it's hot but you will climatise and also always go back to hotel in afternoon for nap.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

May/June. Pretty much guaranteed excellent weather but somewhat lower humidity than August. Somewhat less crowded. Decent opening hours. You can stay at least two full weeks. Free dining is available. I've been all of those times apart from the October/November dates which do have food and wine but with little kids not sure that's a massive draw really. I love May. My fave time to visit.
Old 24 May 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Fwiw I'd avoid Easter as we have found the parks, roads and restaurants very busy. If it's an only trip and you want to really maximise what you do I'd say May/June is good but mid to late August is also good and whilst it is humid there are lots of air conditioned queues and ways to stay hydrated, plus you acclimatise. Also if you opt for May, June or August you can get free DDP with your Disney onsite stay, which isn't available at Easter.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
May/June. Pretty much guaranteed excellent weather but somewhat lower humidity than August. Somewhat less crowded. Decent opening hours. You can stay at least two full weeks. Free dining is available. I've been all of those times apart from the October/November dates which do have food and wine but with little kids not sure that's a massive draw really. I love May. My fave time to visit.
I would second all this and recommend May
Old 29 May 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you everyone, I think we will be going with may/June
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List