Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Sep 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We were refused entry to Jellyrolls after just providing UK driver licenses a few years ago. Had to go back the next night with passports. I was pretty annoyed at the time but their rules so we must abide by them. I get that the inconsistencies are what upset people so you're probably best prepared for needing your passport if you definitely want that drink.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Driving licence is accepted by both Disney and Universal.

I'm not taking my passport to a theme park and risk losing it!
Cant speak about Universal as we dont go there. But you are wrong in part of your assertion ref Disney.

They may accept the Driving Licence as ID but their policy is very clear. They want a second form that must be a passport, or a photocopy of it ot a photo of it. No arguing with that.

Any issues people have ask the CM to get the Disney Bartenders Guide out. It's in there what their policy is.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Oh damn - thanks for the heads up! Is a photo copy OK then?
Yes. But you also need to take your driver's license as well (as per Disney's rules).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

We only used driving licenses this year around the world during flower and garden. In fact anywhere on site we only used them; I don't like taking passports out with me
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I am trained in forgery detection for my previous job and even then things change so much and so fast that its hard to keep up. The book that the restaurant had would be out of date almost as soon as its published.
A photocopy of a page is proof of nothing at all. There are no security features such as holograms etcs visible for easily visual check of validity. There is no valid reason for a photocopy to be better than a document.
I would lay a pound to a penny that in here there are quite a number of variations of driving licence and passport all issued by UK Government and all legitimate. My point is that ID is ID and no one will be familiar with all that they may be presented in a place like Orlando where multiple nationalities will be present so in that case one form should be as easily accepted as another as long as it is issued by the Government of the country of the person and contains a picture and the date of birth.

But they have their rules and if we want to go we should abide by them despite them being illogical when you follow through to their conclusion. :-)
Disney requires you to provide both a photocopy of your passport and an actual government-issued photo ID (eg. driver's license). You can't just provide the photocopy nor can you just provide a driver's license. The driver's license is used to double-check the passport photocopy and vice-versa.

It's not completely foolproof but then it's not supposed to be. The rules are there to show that they are making all reasonable attempts (given the environment) to validate the age of the guest when buying drinks.

Of course, whether the CM actually follows the rules or not is another thing entirely. Many CMs seem to use their own discretion, with this rule and with a few other rules too.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've been asked for ID at Universal quite a few times and I always give them my driving license which is always accepted. Disney however didn't serve me without my passport which is understandable but there's no way I'm taking my passport to a theme park.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
BTW, it appears that Florida law (statute 562.11) requires the seller of an alcoholic beverage to check either:

- a driver license or an identification card issued by this state or another state of the United States,
- a passport, or
- a United States Uniformed Services identification card

(there's also a bit that says that the seller "acted in good faith and in reliance upon the representation and appearance of the buyer in the belief that the buyer was 21 years of age or older").

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 27 Sep 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
We were there last week with our 30yr old DD and she was asked for ID and they wouldn’t take her driving licence. We were told you could have a photocopy of your passport or even a photo of it on your phone. She used the photo on her phone several times without any problem.

Seems a little silly that they won’t take an actual driving licence but will take a photo of a passport on a phone which could more easily be tampered with
My thoughts exactly. Ok I guess we're having pictures on our phones then!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
How are they to know if a photocopy of a passport hasn't been photo-shopped and faked?
Fair point well made
Old 27 Sep 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

It was the Mexico pavilion in Epcot we were refused, I totally had no issue with the server for asking and sticking to her guidelines we were just surprised as we are both 36 but like I stated we took it as a compliment, the server asked if we had a photo of our passport so if we had of done then that seemed like that would have sufficed and if the manager on duty had of refused us then we would have just accepted it, I hold a uk license to sell alcohol so completely understand what it's like to refuse the sale of alcohol, we only asked the manager on duty to authorise the sale as we really really really wanted a frozen margarita, I wouldn't take my full passport to the parks in future but would now take a photo of it and if that gets rejected then that's fair enough
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List