Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Nov 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Personally I would only do the 3 mountains in MK and Haunted Mansion and maybe if I had time, people mover and Carousel of Progress but that's just me. I can leave the rest and don't have children to please.

In DHS (not much choice anyway) but would just do the main rides and check out One Man's Dream.

In Epcot I wouldn't be bothered about Soarin as think its overrated. Actually prefer Living with the Land!

Cannot really comment on AK as havent been since 2000 but judging by my sister who recently visited I would also, out of the Pandora rides, just try for FOP and miss the river journey.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWGunner25
slightly serious Dibber

WDWGunner25's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ok so looking at age ranges, you do have all the bases covered, so there is a good chance anything we list will be something someone in your group wants to do. However going Park by park, these are what I wouldn’t be fussed about - and remember no two people here will agree 100%

Magic Kingdom:
It’s a Small World - your 7 yr old might enjoy it, but otherwise it’s just a slow irritating boat ride

The Hall of Presidents - a decent enough diversion, but with the age of your children, probably extremely boring, a must do for the Americans (which is understandable) but not so much for the Brits

Flying Carpets/Dumbo - another ride for the very young, I can’t speak for your 7 yr old, but your 15 yr old will probably thank you for missing this.

Tomorrowland Speedway - not enough going on really

Carrousel of Progress - One of my ABSOLUTE favourites, but that’s someone who is obsessed with Disney history, for the normal holiday maker I think you might find this boring.

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - nothing special and I wouldn’t queue for it!

I hear that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn’t worth it for families without very young children, it was a few weeks from opening on my last trip in 2014 (has it been that long?!) but from friends I have that live out there, they hardly rave about it!

Hollywood Studios: To be honest right now there isn’t much open, and what is open are things that most would call must dos.

Epcot:

Mission Space: I personally can’t warm to this one, the other half loves it, but I’m not interested in being spun around for minutes on end while feeling claustrophobic 😂 and I don’t see the point of the green side lol.

Animal Kindom:

Triceratop Spin - same ride as Dumbo and the flying carpets, aimed at the very young

Dinosaur - I know, I know, this is a favourite for many, I just can’t stand the Carnataurous at the end! I can do every horror ride going, walk through every Halloween Horror Nights house without blinking, but this stupid thing makes me jump every time, I just avoid now!

Expedition Everest - JUST KIDDING! I have a feeling with your party, this will quite frankly be a favourite!

I think that’s crazy covered everything! Good luck, and remember to chill and just go with the flow as Crush would say

Holidays : Calypso Cay Amerisuites - June 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jan 2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - Oct 2008 Howard Johnson Tropical Palms- June 2012 Ros and Jim's Villa - Oct 2013 All Star Sports - January 2014 Yacht Club Resort - October 2018

Edited at 05:41 PM.
WDWGunner25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room

Peter pan unless FP available or short queue
Old 9 Nov 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Nothing. I would recommend experiencing all the attractions at least once, if you can. One person's worst ride can be another person's favourite ride, so only you can tell which attractions you like.

However, there are some attractions I would put at the bottom of the list (based on my own subjective opinion). Prioritise other attractions over these:

Astro Orbiter
Barnstormer
Country Bear Jamboree
Enchanted Tiki Room
Hall of Presidents
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan's Flight (unless you can get a FP for it)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
TriceraTop Spin
Most of the films in World Showcase (China, Canada, France, etc)
American Adventure
I agree and perhaps add Primeval Whirl to that list as well as Rafikis Planet Watch. I do think though that Jungle Cruise is not to be missed, it’s a real Mak classic.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Nooo, Rafikis Planet Watch is a hidden gem and a good chance to meet characters without crowds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Nooo, Rafikis Planet Watch is a hidden gem and a good chance to meet characters without crowds.
Totally agree! Rafiki himself, Chip and Dale - lots of fun was had by us there at Easter - everywhere else was rammed, but RPW was an oasis of quiet calm with characters.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
bigc40sc
Serious Dibber

Personally id take no notice whatsoever these are peoples personal preferences and as all of us are different we will therefore all like different rides for different reasons just go ahead and ride everything that you can fit in and make your own mind up afterwards otherwise you might miss out on an experience you just might have loved
PS dont miss its a small world it might be weird but it is Disney
2010 Hillside Drive,Davenport
2011 Solana Circle,Davenport
bigc40sc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
I agree and perhaps add Primeval Whirl to that list as well as Rafikis Planet Watch. I do think though that Jungle Cruise is not to be missed, it’s a real Mak classic.
Primeval Whirl is our favourite ride in AK (we haven't been on the Pandora rides yet so can't comment on those).

Whereas I find Jungle Cruise a bit boring, although I do appreciate the corny jokes.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

I don’t understand why Peter Pans flight has such a constant long line, I would miss quite a few attractions at Magic Kingdom including above, Stitch’s Escape (amazed that’s still there), Monsters Inc laugh floor.
Old 11 Nov 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Submarine voyage, mr toads wild ride and plaza swan boats. Oops am i showing my age.😉
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List