Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Feb 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Bye Bye Illuminations

Looks like Illuminations as we know it may be going away a lot sooner than I thought, Maybe even this year!

I really hope they don't mess this one up as it has a very special part in my heart, given Disney's track record recently I do not hold out much hope!

inquisitr/4806067/r... cked-at-epcot/
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no this is DH fave fireworks show! It's an interesting article, thanks for posting it. I'm hoping we get one last illuminations in this summer if the complete overhaul rumours are true.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I knew this day would come. But if it is as quick as they seem to think, it looks as though I will never see it again as we won't be there until October.

Oh well, at least I had 17 years of the absolute best, most wonderful, exciting and breathtaking fireworks and laser show in the whole world, ever. (A little over the top, I know, but it was my favourite! )

I am such a saddo that I can hum along to the soundtrack, knowing EXACTLY where each firework goes off according to different points in the music. And I always blow out the torches at the start of the show for them, you'd think they would have given me some warning last year that I would never do this again ...
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post

I knew this day would come. But if it is as quick as they seem to think, it looks as though I will never see it again as we won't be there until October.

Oh well, at least I had 17 years of the absolute best, most wonderful, exciting and breathtaking fireworks and laser show in the whole world, ever. (A little over the top, I know, but it was my favourite! )

I am such a saddo that I can hum along to the soundtrack, knowing EXACTLY where each firework goes off according to different points in the music. And I always blow out the torches at the start of the show for them, you'd think they would have given me some warning last year that I would never do this again ...
Me too Silvercat, I’m hoping we get to see it one last time when we go in April/May, it makes me cry at the best of times, this will make it more emotional xx
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

So sad, this is my favourite firework show really hope they keep it til the end of 2018 so I can see it one more time!
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Oh no. I’m sure the new show will be great but I just feel sentimental about illuminations. I love the music.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Oh no. I’m sure the new show will be great but I just feel sentimental about illuminations. I love the music.
Same, I've got the soundtrack on CD somewhere
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Good news this. No idea why but it's just never done anything for us and we find it pretty boring. We usually love all the nightime shows but skipped it everytime this year

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Good news this. No idea why but it's just never done anything for us and we find it pretty boring. We usually love all the nightime shows but skipped it everytime this year
It does seem the show is a bit Marmite, with people either loving it or hating it. It has been the top rated show in WDW for guest satification since it's inception, however apparently this is starting to slip. The only Issue I have is that Disney will try to please everyone and end up with something dull and mushy.

The show is almost 20 years old, I hope its more of an update than a complete rethink. The rumour is it Drones will feature heavily, so it has the potential to be really good, they are just messing with my baby and I'm very worried!

Edited at 03:34 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I read this, this morning sad to see it go, but I do have the CD somewhere in the attic
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List