Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jun 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

I think this is going to be an area that is better in person than it is in videos and pictures. Saying that, I still feel its had a few corners cut and could have been a lot more. Its a very small space but I still feel they could have been a bit more adventurous with their ride choices and atleast had a few extra building, stores and restaurants like in the original concept art.

DHS was desperately in need of this though and finally the park is starting to take shape. Only another 18 months before its a complete park again!
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m looking forward to seing it but I think it’s a filler until Galaxy’s Edge is finished.
I love Toy Story but can't stand Star Wars so that's not the case for me as I won't be going to Galaxy's Edge. By the way am I the only person who things the name sounds like a mobile phone!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I love the look of Toy Story Land.

I don't get why people are expecting it to be more thrilling. Toys story lands are aimed towards family experience. A land and rides that you can take all ages on. Kids can't go on RNRC or The Hulk. Toy Story Land offers family's to be together and not separate them through child swaps. (To clarify I'm not saying you can't child swap in TSL, just it's more likely that you won't need to)

Look at the other Toy Story Lands in Paris, California etc. Nothing in those lands are thrilling. The RC Coaster may be borderline. But it's not aimed at the thrillseekers more towards family's.

My niece and nephew are scared of all rides. I think I could tempt them on the slinky dog coaster with it being tame and fun. Hopefully with this, their confidence in coasters will change to enable them to experience more thrilling ones in the future. (Hey it might help adults who have a fear in thrill rides too)

I see this being a great pull for all family's. I think 7DMT is a great family ride too. I think Disney are not going to do away with their thrill rides, but offer a mix of thrill and family rides for everyone to experience in their own way.

You've only got to look at TSM queue times to see how popular toy story still is to family's. Toy Story Land will be just as popular as any other Disney IP for many more years

If your a couple, you may be disappointed with toy story land. If your a family with young children, you'll appreciate the fun and magic you create together. This is what toy story land is really about
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m really looking forward to it. The Toy Story references will resonate for more for me than Pandora ones. So even if the rides there are better, as a land I’m looking forward to TS Land considerably more. I’m excited to have two brand new areas to explore though. I like change.
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

As a couple in our sixties we are looking forward to visiting TSL not necessarily just for the rides but for the theming of the entire area which I think looks absolutely brilliant. Have watched the Tim Tracker video and thought it was excellent.
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I think it looks amazing!
We’re big toy story fans in our house, & we love the toy story land in Paris so I cant wait to see it, though I do think DLP’s RC racer is a better ride from looking at slinky videos & the parachutes ride is pretty cool too!
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the TS films as do my kids. I’m a bit gutted this area wasn’t open a few years ago when they were obsessed with the films!

I think it looks like exactly what we thought we’d get and I’m really happy with that. It looks bigger than I’d anticipated in terms of layout as well.

Slinky Dog is a fab addition to the park given the serious lack of both rides in general at the moment plus DHS has a lack of children’s rides anyway, that’s now rectified.

As for a filler while most wait for Star Wars, well thanks for making those who want the land queue longer while you wait for your area to open 🤣
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
So another expansion of our beloved WDW has happened and as we know this is the first of many new experiences that will open in the next few years.

Now dont get me wrong, as i was super excited when Pandora opened in AK and could not wait to ride FOP, but TSL to me, looks like Honey I shrunk the Kids with a coaster and food.

Slinky looks tame and whilst well themed is built to a standard model, the likes of which are repeated in many theme parks the world over.

My conclusion is, that whilst TSL will be somewhere I will visit, it is not somewhere I would immediately gravitate too (unlike Pandora).

Dont beat me up, but do others have the same feelings or otherwise?

The thoughts of anyone that has been would be interesting.

Disney332
Pandora and TSL are two different beasts to be fair, so not really comparing apples to apples.

Watching the movies I wouldn’t associate “thrill rides” with Toy Story, so having a super fast or multi-loop etc coaster wouldn’t fit in with the theme.

Avatar is aimed more at older children/adults whereas Toy Story caters for all.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Just watched Tim Tracker's video and I was underwhelmed to be honest - and that was with pretty low expectations given the target audience of the land. I know the theming is supposed to be a kid's backyard so won't be as polished as other areas but it was just messy and looked half-done (probably budget cuts) to me.

I never thought the rides would add much for me, but again - not the target audience. Did think Slinky looked like it might be a problem for tall people though - some of the overhead pieces looked really low in Tim's POV video.

Having said that, I will go at night to see the lights as they look pretty.

Edited at 09:36 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Im pretty sure that if this was picked up and dropped in alton towers it would be considered a childs area and most adults would avoid. But as usual its the disney bubble and we will all clammer for a visit including myself. Was the same with frozen. Grown men queueing for 4 hours. I dont get it if you think about it in the real world. But thats the point. A little escapism doesn't hurt anyone.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List